History Extension Scaling (1 Viewer)

imqt

Premium Member
HSC
I KNOW many people would say don't choose a subject because of scaling bla bla bla...but out of curiosity, does anyone know for sure, whether his ext scales high or low....?

APPARENTLY people in my school are saying it scales as high as 4unit maths if done really well...///?

Justina

HSC
speaking of scaling....is there one of them table thingy-o's that tells you how each subject is scaled?
I've seen the one on this site, but i heard that there's on on the UAC site (i think), but ican't seem to find it.

arae

travels
HSC
I read one somewhere late-on in my HSC, but honestly, scaling means nothing. I did Ext Hist because I loved modern, scaling has nothing to do with it. Obviously it scales well but your time is much better spent reading.

I think the best way to approach Hist Ext is realising that you should probably only do it if you're actually interested in history/philosophy/the subject of your research project, and just keep reading. It isn't really about memorising quotes - the subject is a rare chance to do whatever you want (the project), and the 'what is history' and casestudy exam questions are so wide open you can do anything, just be creative and don't be afraid to express your opinions.

lovenotwar

HSC
not many students do it (1000 something altogether last year) so if u do well yeah it scales pretty well

Kujah

HSC
N/A
lovenotwar said:
not many students do it (1000 something altogether last year) so if u do well yeah it scales pretty well
There were actually 2149 candidates last year. And yeah, I agree with the other posts. Only do History Extension if you have a passion for history and possess commitment. You can't control the scaling and moderating processes, so why bother worrying about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)