• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

History extension (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
That would be a really good topic to do - i would have done it but we looked at it in yr 11. If u want some notes / historians i can send u some. Just email me or reply here if u want

super_moron

you might want to be careful about doing troy charmed_cuties. thats on the prelim ancient history syllabus...we studied schlieman and his search for troy...but i think you can still do troy as long as u focus on an aspect of it that isnt in the syllabus

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
I've got some notes here - some historians and sources that u might like to check out so i hope its helpful;

- Homer 'The Illiad'
-Oswyn Murry 'Early Greece'
-Archeology of Area
-Schliemann's work
-Wilhelm Dorpfeld
-Carl Blegen
-'Unlocking the Past' - Lawless
-
www.iit.edu/~agunsal/truva/truva/truva0.html

hope some of them help

charmed_cuties

Bubblegum girl
HSC
umm i'm actually gonna just do the myth and historicity of the trojan war with some aspects of troy in it. I'm going to look at the intepretation of the myth through time and the incorporation of myth in society

super_moron

yeh i do ancient history aswell, but im going to do a modern topic...i was actually going to do modern at the start of yr11 but there was a timetable clash...but ancient is great aswell...

well im from bangladesh...so i was thinking of doing something related to the subcontinent for my project. im considering doing the reprocussions of the indira ghandi assasination

Marieze

HSC
N/A
yeh i do ancient and modern so im kinda havin a hard time chosing....yeh we did troy in yr 11 it was reallly interesting....lotsa ppl tho names to remember but i think ancient history is more exciting and mysterious but the modern history course is more eventful!! but thats just me :p:p good luck...im still looking for a topic!!

jim_bob2004

if i give my email can people please send me info on the myth topic. i really love it but im not doin extension

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
i feel so out of place...i only do modern and hate ancient history for some reason..everyone in my class has ancient as a background except me..:( ahh well, im doing a modern topic anyway..

super_moron

we had some modern history people in our ext class...but theyre weak and dropped out:p so its just an ancient based class now

Marieze

HSC
N/A
yeh we only have ummm 3 anc ppl in our class....well thats not true cause around4 or 5 of us do both anc and mod but we're a modern based class......but the teacher is a mod teacher and we're doin appeasement for our case study wich is relallllly interesting and relaly helps with the mod course (cause we're doin germany) but yeh goodness i can talk .....just saying but yeh! have fun all and GOODLUCK!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)