History Extension (1 Viewer)

drunk_polly

HSC
i've been reading everyones messages and they all say not to leave the major work till the last term ( last day probly for me )
i cant start cuz i dnt have a bloddy topic, and i want somefn nobody has done b4.
i have no idea where to look, but im sure i want a modern history topic, mayb somefn political? govt thru tym? i dunno....

veridis

droog
HSC
jus look round till you find something you like
2 topics i was considering before were
the new left - progressive or destructive - a study of the new left movement of america in the 60's
the conituation war(finland v USSR WWII but almost a seperate conflict) - its portrayal over time

Plebeian

drunk_polly said:
i've been reading everyones messages and they all say not to leave the major work till the last term ( last day probly for me )
i cant start cuz i dnt have a bloddy topic, and i want somefn nobody has done b4.
i have no idea where to look, but im sure i want a modern history topic, mayb somefn political? govt thru tym? i dunno....
If you want to do a really good job, I would recommend starting as early as you can.

If you took extension history, you must like history ... what particular areas are you interested in (beyond just 'modern' - ie. WWII, the Cold War, feminism, etc.)? A topic such as "government through time" is massively broad and you'll have a hard time finding historiography and writing a succinct essay about it.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
also, i wouldn't worry about looking for a topic no one has done before, cos you will be really hard pressed to do it.

what is more important is that you can write an essay which is succint and informative, which will interest your teacher. Remember, this is internally marked.

Plebeian

ujuhpleg is right, finding a topic which no-one has done before is probably actually a bad idea, because there will be NO historiography on it. I did Pearl Harbor, which had heaps of historiography but I was able to analyse it and draw my own personal conclusions.

drunk_polly

HSC
extension

thanx for you ideas,
yes i am interested in history ( hahaha i do modern AND ancient), i have a couple of ideas, some on the middle east too and the kuwait iraq war, guess gotta start researching. :) but anyway thanx heaps, ill let everyone know how im going

*zara*

zozo2nv
HSC
N/A
hey polly im interested in the iraq kuwait war too (prolly coz im from there) but wat exactly are you gonna consentrate and research on?????????????

drunk_polly

HSC
the reasons behind the war, why it happened, mainly bitchin bout saddam lol
hahahah u from there too? so am i , n my names zahraa too..... ahhh :)
anyways dats nt important lol, im nt excatly sure what i wanna do rite now, im also thinkin bout hitler and how everyone says its his fault bla bla , uhh stuff bout black civil rights, indian economy...... im abit lost rite now

Jennibeans

HSC
drunk_polly said:
the reasons behind the war, why it happened, mainly bitchin bout saddam lol
hahahah u from there too? so am i , n my names zahraa too..... ahhh :)
anyways dats nt important lol, im nt excatly sure what i wanna do rite now, im also thinkin bout hitler and how everyone says its his fault bla bla , uhh stuff bout black civil rights, indian economy...... im abit lost rite now
Hitler would be good because there is so much historical controversy surrounding his effectiveness as leader, his role in the Second World War and his administration of the Final Solution.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Hitler is difficult, in that he DOES have a lot of historiographical information on him. it works two ways, having plenty of resources means, that if you were to do a piss poor job, you could/would get caned :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)