history help- 2001 sct (1 Viewer)

speedo

HSC
The extended response question for the 2001 his says- explain the changing realtionship of australia with britain, asia or america.

Is dis stil part of the course becauz i cant seem to find it in the current syllabus?

booties4

HSC
they syllabus has been changed. this sort if question now generally comes under australia's foreign links. If it was in the history section you should just talk about how the realtionship changed after the end of the vietnam war and how it has changed over time .

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Australia's relations with Asia rather than the USA or Britain is still part of our syllabus.

topdeck

HSC
I'm fairly certain that this is no longer a part of the current history syllabus. That being said, you may get a question that is 'similar' in the section relating to Australia as a global citizen in the post war period. If you did, you could talk about how Australia's main trading partner became Japan following WW2, how Australia accepted heaps of refugees from Vietnam and Cambodia, as a result of people fleeing the governments of those countries. Also in 1972, Gough Whitlam recognized China as a country, and developed diplomatic relations with north Vietnam, where as in the past, these countries had been considered off limits due to communism. You could also speak about the abolition of the white australia policy and how that affected people migrating to Australia.....

Still i highly doubt that we will get a question like this on Tuesday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)