hmmmm....? (1 Viewer)

katy-g

HSC
OK i have a question.

Heres the story;

Our dance class had a theory assessment due two Tuesdays ago and all members of our class but one handed one in. Kayla**, the girl who didnt hand it in still hasnt submitted an assessment so she now gets an automatic 0 for her assessment.

HOWEVER, our dance teacher wont return our assessments until Kayla** hands one in which i am finding incredibily frustrating because i dont think she will...

Does anyone know why this is a rule? Why do we have to wait until all the assessments are submitted until we can get it back?

Cykologi_gal

Psyche...
HSC
The teacher may want all students to put in a valid effort and give it a go, even though a zero would be rewarded anyway. A second reason might be that she knows that Kayla won't hand it in and is "forcing" her to participate by holding everyone up; marking is done pretty quickly at times and by doing this, Kayla won't be able to copy off someone either. It's just an education thing where everyone is "forced" to participate...

HSC
Same thing happened with me in Drama katy.

The reason is that the teachers need at least something from the student in order to award them a mark. Im assuming there is a criteria for how long the teacher has to wait after an assessment task before they can officially award a zero mark and until then the marks cant be entered in to the computer for averaging etc.

Usually during this time theyll try and encourage the student to at least hand something in so that they can award some marks and not effect the averaging as drastically.

Last edited:

katy-g

HSC
We found out our marks. i got 16/20. But we have an exam on Friday for dance theory and basically we were told me need to regurgitate that essay in the exams... But without the hard copy of my essay i havent gotten my comments or my corrections to improve my marks and it doesnt look like i will before friday.

katy-g

HSC
Yeh i have a copy.... i just want my corrections so i can get back my 4 marks i lost in the assessment in my exam on friday!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)