• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Ho Hum Hi! Please predict my UAI? :) (1 Viewer)

*Ya_So_CuTe*

HSC
hey guys
was just wondering what u think i'll get going from my marks
These are my trial marks and overall assessment ranks
English Advanced 84% 2/42
English Ext 1 66% 7/9
Modern History 93% 1/12
History Extension 84% 1/2
Economics 86% 1/8
Music 1 83% 1/6
Maths 48% ICK !!! 14/24 ( WILL NOT COUNT)

I know SAM goes from aligned marks but i entered the above raw marks which i got in the trials and it spat out a 90.1. Seeing as these weren't aligned do i have reason to be optimistic. Hoping for 95+ but would be satisfied with a 90.
Thankyou!

*Ya_So_CuTe*

HSC
Going from last year's results NO!

According to last year's stats, my school was ranked 401st :/ but that cohort was not a good one. Like only 50 people actually stuck it out till year 12 , which is like half of what they had for year 7. My year at school is fairly upthere so i guess that counts for something seeing as there is actually a bit of competition going on!

Vampire

KOLLARZUP!!
HSC
Not meaning to be rude or anything but umm YaSoCute I was just wondering why your english mark is only 84%. I read one of the essays you posted and it was most definetely band 6 material...maybe even high band 6.

adambra

HSC
Vampire said:
Not meaning to be rude or anything but umm YaSoCute I was just wondering why your english mark is only 84%. I read one of the essays you posted and it was most definetely band 6 material...maybe even high band 6.
Possibly she did poorly in one assessment. Or like me, her teachers are incredibly inconsistent and incompetent markers.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
I think 95+ is certainly possible, you are up the top (if not first) for all things so you have a very good chance. You shouldnt be discouraged by the fact that your school wasnt ranked well, mine was some 300-400 too.

*Ya_So_CuTe*

HSC
Yeh there is room for improvement!

Hey Vampire
I'm quite touched by your comment. Yes i believe there is room for improvement. I forgot intertextuality in my journeys and powerplay essay so i got 13/15 and 16/20 for those sections respectively. 11/15 for short answer which im hoping i can convert to 15/15, 12/15 for composing task which could do with some practise and 18/20 for transformations and 18/20 for speeches modules. By the way, our english staff has 2 senior HSC markers so i guess we are being marked by the best. Good to get used to their standards tho! Btw, how did you go in your english trial? All my marks were unscaled as well. I don't get it when schools scale marks. It gives some ppl false impressions about how they are going...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)