Holden VE Commodore and HSV E-Series (1 Viewer)

lengy

HSC
What do you think about new Commodore or Clubsport?

Jiga

Personally I think the new commodore is crap, they are asking $35k for a car that doesnt even come with alloy wheels.... but oh its got standard stability control across the line (Pity your paying the extra $2k or whatever for it now in the price tag). And when you put it in perspective, they are asking virtually the same price as something like an Accord Euro... maybe not as powerful a car yes, but it has all the safety features and more.... and yes, it actually comes with alloy wheels :eek:

As for the HSVs.... when I orgininally saw them in an article I thought it looked abit weird, its prity futuristic the design IMO (especially from behind with the back lights and spoiler).... but the other day I saw one in the flesh and I must admit it looks good. And supposedly the HSV's do the 100 in under 5 secs, with a 307kw engine! Although in saying this, it doesnt even have overhead cams but rather crappy ancient pushrod, so Im sure other car manufacturers could get alot more power out of what is a massive 6L V8...

smoky22

HSC
Im still living in the 70s!!!
bring on the good ol HQs HXs HGs HKs HZs and all!!!
they were the days were cars were decent!!!!

ya gotta love em!!
- smoky

Redgoddess

HSC
i dig the new commodore, i reckon it looks pretty mean with those wheel arches...it's a sexy car *swoon* plus powerful...oh how i'd love to drive one...

i agree with smoky though, the older cars are pretty awesome. my dad's got an xu1 torana, which i went to my formal in. it's great - i mean, it's pretty raw, compared to modern cars, but boy does it sound sweet :D

Last edited:

colli-17

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
:eek:

As for the HSVs.... when I orgininally saw them in an article I thought it looked abit weird, its prity futuristic the design IMO (especially from behind with the back lights and spoiler).... but the other day I saw one in the flesh and I must admit it looks good. And supposedly the HSV's do the 100 in under 5 secs, with a 307kw engine! Although in saying this, it doesnt even have overhead cams but rather crappy ancient pushrod, so Im sure other car manufacturers could get alot more power out of what is a massive 6L V8...
Yes it may be so that it only comes with 307 kw but thats because it is detuned for the australian market, just look at the C4B calloway put in the VX/Y GTS, a motor easily capable of 370kw as in the corvette but reduced for Australia's market, Over the Next series change i garantee there will be an increase of at least 10 kw due to cam or breathing changes, and they also come with DOD so that will help economy

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
highway patrol gets the VE next June. cant wait til Dad brings it home.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
I like them, my only complaint is the rake I prefer the car to be flat from front to back eg a horizontal not an angled waist-line.

Shimian

HSC
I saw the orange holden today parked. The car looks very blocky, but stylish in a way. Didnt get a chance to look inside, hope itll be there tomorrow so i can take a peek.

alexxxz

HSC
holden still havent hit the nail on the head. they make a car with more power and even heavier, not real smart these days.

Zozo6969

HSC
loquasagacious said:
I like them, my only complaint is the rake I prefer the car to be flat from front to back eg a horizontal not an angled waist-line.
I dont mind cars that squat down at the front and have their arse in the air. But when it accelerates i would want the suspension to be soft enough so the rear bogs down and the nose goes up. i dont mind a jerky ride.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)