Holidays - How much work are you doing? (1 Viewer)

bassistx

HSC
WantToDoBetter said:
Done half an adv english asessment with 2000 words to go *shudders. Otherwise it's been movies, parties, poker, randoms days in the city and playing a guitar i havn't picked up in years. Go back on the 29th, hav Dream Theater concert on wed, more school missed! Bah havn't started a bio ass due tues and havn't touched study for physics, only prelim but, cheerin'.
Cheers.
2000? A 4000 english assessment? Thank God I dropped from Adv. to Std. lol.
I haven't picked up a guitar for probably 2 years now. It's gathered so much dust and it's in mint condition. I should sell it on ebay lol. Dark blue steel-string acoustic.
Dream Theater are awesome. Where's this concert? I want to go :( Prob. sold out anyway. As if my parents would let me go though lol. Oh well.

I have done absolutely nothing. Even in Summer School. After the lectures ended, that was it - they ended. I haven't revised any of the notes or put any of the tips into practice. I'll take care of that on Wednesday lol.
I haven't read not even one page from Briar Rose or Educating Rita. Mainly because I actually don't have the books and I didn't order them until 2 nights ago. Great. I might have to wait 2 weeks for them. Definitely not a smart move :S Talk about procrastinating lol..

Taskan

HSC
I've got all my chemistry done, spaced it out, so it took me about 8 days, done ancient history , and have started legal studies work, i haven't done any maths, RE or English, but it'll get itself done.

no study, I'm gonna have to force myself to do all that as soon as i go back, i feel a bit guilty about that part, actually.

oh, and i watched Frontline about 20 times- i didn't make notes, but i can quote easily from it now:lol:

bassistx

HSC
Why didn't I think of that? I should watch The Motorcycle Diaries 20 times (or more) until I can quote word for word. Great for exams lol.
Except, it's in Spanish LOL. Oh well. I'm learning Spanish, so it should I guess.

Chibios

is totally a-MUSE-d!
HSC
Let's see:

- I finished my Economics Notes
- I finished Maths Homework for Ext1 and Ext2
- Going so-so with Chemistry notes
- Started typing out draft 1 of Eng Ext 2 Major Work
- Haven't done Chem assignment
- Watched and read related + set texts alot of times
- Watched all of the Chaser in a week

ccc123

HSC
sleepplease said:
I worked pretty consistantly the first month but have slacked off the last few days. I've made notes in all my subjects, done past papers, done my EE2, worked on my ext hist, done my EE2 proposal, made notes ahead in English, French, Mod Hist, Anc Hist, have been practicing essays for an eng ext. exam coming up and am going to spend the last few days doing a few more practice papers, finishing off what I can do for ext hist, writing flash cards for my notes and doing lots of french listening exercises.
Wow. *Sobs bitterly and submits to HSC failure*

But for the sake of making myself feel better, I shall dwell on what I have done.

* Read King Lear and written chapter analysis.
*Journeys essay
*Half an English Ext essay that's already too long
*PDHPE assignment
*Maths revision (not a great deal, but still!)
*Legal study/HSC paper
*4 Modern essays

Last edited:

Harvey321

KALIFORNIA
HSC
I got 98.75 n all i did was made sure i was up-to-date with all work, current ready for term I, read all texts and make sure notes were made on everything i had done in class. Dont overload! this is ur last decent holiday :S

secret of hsc is consistency (+ coffee)

HSC
bassistx said:
2000? A 4000 english assessment? Thank God I dropped from Adv. to Std. lol.
I haven't picked up a guitar for probably 2 years now. It's gathered so much dust and it's in mint condition. I should sell it on ebay lol. Dark blue steel-string acoustic.
Dream Theater are awesome. Where's this concert? I want to go :( Prob. sold out anyway. As if my parents would let me go though lol. Oh well.

I have done absolutely nothing. Even in Summer School. After the lectures ended, that was it - they ended. I haven't revised any of the notes or put any of the tips into practice. I'll take care of that on Wednesday lol.
I haven't read not even one page from Briar Rose or Educating Rita. Mainly because I actually don't have the books and I didn't order them until 2 nights ago. Great. I might have to wait 2 weeks for them. Definitely not a smart move :S Talk about procrastinating lol..
Hahaha, nar its made up of 4questions, its probley 300words in all, dond q's 1 and 2. 3 and 4 are 100worders each, not due til week. yer my guitar was like that, mines still nylon and way 2 small 4 me, thinking of letting my mate teach me and ill buy a half decent 1.
HELL YER DREAM THEATER IS GONA B AWESOME lol. It's on wednesday at the horden pav (fox studios) ,ge tto come home from school at lunch time and drive a car load into the city, got floor tix so ill get in early :). Found out i'm goin to iron maiden on feb 3rd! pumped!

Had my first session with my tutor (maths, physics (i decided to get one after disappionting result in chem)), egyptian... kept referring to longitudnal waves as transverse and vice versa, kept getting frequency and speed mixed up and told me eletromagnetic radiation "bends" in refraction (does bend in extreme gravity but meh). O wel only need him for maths and equations :p.
Cheers.

Last edited:

th3awfultruth

HSC
I've been studying consistently. :shy: So far I've done...
- Practicing writing essays for legal studies.
- Revising Preliminary maths (EWWW) [shrudder]
- Biology Homework

Basically, I've been working on my weakness in each subject :)

bassistx

HSC
WantToDoBetter said:
Hahaha, nar its made up of 4questions, its probley 300words in all, dond q's 1 and 2. 3 and 4 are 100worders each, not due til week. yer my guitar was like that, mines still nylon and way 2 small 4 me, thinking of letting my mate teach me and ill buy a half decent 1.
HELL YER DREAM THEATER IS GONA B AWESOME lol. It's on wednesday at the horden pav (fox studios) ,ge tto come home from school at lunch time and drive a car load into the city, got floor tix so ill get in early :). Found out i'm goin to iron maiden on feb 3rd! pumped!

Had my first session with my tutor (maths, physics (i decided to get one after disappionting result in chem)), egyptian... kept referring to longitudnal waves as transverse and vice versa, kept getting frequency and speed mixed up and told me eletromagnetic radiation "bends" in refraction (does bend in extreme gravity but meh). O wel only need him for maths and equations :p.
Cheers.
Oh, that sounds better lol.
Man, your tutor sucksssssss

Lebstr

HSC
well iv done my bio hw + notes
scenior science and computer notes all done
strting my english essay as im typing this

plan to revise maths :D

ncahyadi

HSC
ive done practiced and got my music performances ready.. does that count?

besides that, i havent touched a single thing.. and i have an english folio of text due 2 weeks back ..eeK

comp247

HSC
yorkstanham said:
I have made my notes for chem, bio, physics, watched my english movie, built a dc motor for physics and done alot of umat practise. Still got more to go tho.

awwww n i was feeling relieved after reading the other replies..............

jonaxiang

HSC
Meh all i did was my Business Studies homework that i got over the holidays. Stupid english department gave us an assignment argh.. but i've finished it :burn:

Artemis.

HSC
I have three assessment tasks, haven't started any. Though I've done some work, a bit of maths, some Modern hw and some Space revision for Physics.
But until the tennis is over I don't think I'll be making anymore progress!

I'm also supposed to read Emma, but I hate Jane Austen and don't know if I'll ever end up reading the whole thing. It's torture :(

nottellingu

HSC
poWerdrY said:
lol cricket. sif watch that when you have the australian open
I've been watching that as well lol - i try to do work while im watching though so i dont feel to guilty

nottellingu

HSC
tommykins said:
Absolutely none.

I can't handle brave new world, so shti boring.

might actually do some work now.
Yeh, Brave new wrold is the shittest book ive ever read. I cant beleive i managed to read it. I must admit that Antony and Cleo is not too bad for a Shakespeare.

bassistx

HSC
Artemis. said:
I have three assessment tasks, haven't started any. Though I've done some work, a bit of maths, some Modern hw and some Space revision for Physics.
But until the tennis is over I don't think I'll be making anymore progress!

I'm also supposed to read Emma, but I hate Jane Austen and don't know if I'll ever end up reading the whole thing. It's torture :(
Are you serious? You're gonna have some all-nighters, all right... Have fun :p

We're moving one of the comps up to my room, woohoo! No distractions, no 42" TV, no trampoline, nothing lol. Doesn't have net either so that's a bonus (otherwise, it'd be pointless as a school tool lol). Hmmm. I think MS Word is going to be my new best friend :S

lacklustre

HSC
bassistx said:
Are you serious? You're gonna have some all-nighters, all right... Have fun :p

We're moving one of the comps up to my room, woohoo! No distractions, no 42" TV, no trampoline, nothing lol. Doesn't have net either so that's a bonus (otherwise, it'd be pointless as a school tool lol). Hmmm. I think MS Word is going to be my new best friend :S
Get OneNote 2007. Best app ever. Way better for research/note-taking than MS-Word. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)