man. nature. technology.
HSC
*joins the holiday club*

First thing I did - get wet running back to MQ centre, and not really caring

second thing - ate fooood

third thing - not sure yet

HSC
N/A
My holiday's resolution is to bank in my pay cheques and go shopping on monday :D My heels need re-soling, and baby wants new winter skirts, jeans and gloves. And books! BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!

When is that new harry potter coming out again?

cpjeeves

Totally dibble!
HSC
N/A
glitterfairy said:
When is that new harry potter coming out again?
21 July, 33 days from Sunday. As a bookstore employee and Harry Potter geek, it is my duty to know these things. A handy countdown can be found at MuggleNet.com:)

cpjeeves

Totally dibble!
HSC
N/A
Edit: Deleted, double post. My enthusiasm for Harry Potter's probably to blame somehow.

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

lcf said:
*joins the holiday club*

First thing I did - get wet running back to MQ centre, and not really caring

second thing - ate fooood

third thing - not sure yet
He seems to have skipped the whole breathing, heart beating thing... I think he may be dead... :-/

In other news, I got my first piece of Tier 0 set in WoW. One down, seven to go. :(

Edit: zomg I got no sleep. Went to bed at like 4:30 after watching Atlantis episodes and reading old books! Now I have to go get some 'outer calipers' from Bunnings.

Last edited by a moderator:
HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
He seems to have skipped the whole breathing, heart beating thing... I think he may be dead... :-/

In other news, I got my first piece of Tier 0 set in WoW. One down, seven to go. :(

Edit: zomg I got no sleep. Went to bed at like 4:30 after watching Atlantis episodes and reading old books! Now I have to go get some 'outer calipers' from Bunnings.
Don't worry too much about tier 0 Rob - I got like, the first three or four pieces, then went to outland and even the quest reward gear is SO MUCH BETTER!!! :O

HSC
N/A
oh my god I just came back from the library

I have books!

BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS!

If anyone wants me I'll be on the couch reading.

mserica

HSC
Bring on the holidays - no more exams for me, though I work full time so its not really holidays its more so "NO UNI"

Wahoooo!!! I get to have my evenings and weekends back!!

HSC
N/A
Today was eventful...

Rescued a bird today. Somehow it had got itself trapped in one of the massive cylindrical lights at the school hall where I work - and apparently it's been there since yesterday and no-one's done anything about it?!?!?! *fumes* Anyway. After work I called up the local fire brigade, and they got birdie (Myna) out, yay! Except poor birdie seemed very zonked out and wouldn't even sip from the bottlecap of water I put right next to it, and it's eyes were funny, so I popped it outside and into a tree... then I found someone's forgotten lunchbox and stole some mandarin pieces and tucked them into the tree branches so birdie could eat something :)

When I got home though, mum threw a fit over the fact I hadn't brought it home and out of the cold 'because it'll be in shock', so I drove back to work... called up wires, called up north shore branch of wires and a bunch of other numbers, but dammit - none of those places are still open at 8pm it seems. So I picked up birdie off the treebranch and took birdie home in a shoebox, and now it's sleeping in mum's room and I'm taking it to Baulkham Hills Vet tomorrow :)

what a day!

PS: Also had a dog walk into the hall today during class. Grabbed my mobile phone to call irresponsible pet owner but dog had no tag. Was forced to let it walk back out in the hope it knew its way back home (still had two hours left of work at this point so couldn't take it home myself).

massive grr to all heartless people who leave birds in ceiling lights for OVER 24 HOURS and stupid dog owners who let their dogs run off leashes with NO TAGS. Let's hope doggie found its way home, or was at least microchipped.

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
For those that care, birdie (native Noisy Miner) had to be put down. Its eyes refused to open...

Have just sent the school a very angry email pointing out how easy it was for ME to get the bird out and send it to the professional help it so obviously needed, and therefore how easy it SHOULD have been for them to get it out earlier, and maybe the bird might still be alive today if they weren't so god damn lazy, insensitive, uncaring, and generally screwed-up all around.

Have new life goal added to list... want to become trained to be able to take care of native wildlife one day, maybe if it had got treatment at 8pm wednesday night as opposed to 9:30am thursday morning it would be alive today.

Luke!

Sexual Revolutionist
HSC
Out of control!!! Holidays!!! I've already prepared...

I have two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half-full of cocaine; a whole galaxy of multi-coloured uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... and just enough willpower to follow in the footsteps of Hunter S. Thompson.

iwannarock

HSC
Luke! said:
Out of control!!! Holidays!!! I've already prepared...

I have two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half-full of cocaine; a whole galaxy of multi-coloured uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... and just enough willpower to follow in the footsteps of Hunter S. Thompson.
can i borrow the rest after you pass out/overdose/die.

:santa:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
glitterfairy said:
For those that care, birdie (native Noisy Miner) had to be put down. Its eyes refused to open...

Have just sent the school a very angry email pointing out how easy it was for ME to get the bird out and send it to the professional help it so obviously needed, and therefore how easy it SHOULD have been for them to get it out earlier, and maybe the bird might still be alive today if they weren't so god damn lazy, insensitive, uncaring, and generally screwed-up all around.

Have new life goal added to list... want to become trained to be able to take care of native wildlife one day, maybe if it had got treatment at 8pm wednesday night as opposed to 9:30am thursday morning it would be alive today.
you did a good thing. i'd write more but don't have time, maybe later. it's along the lines of some people being brought up to care about animals, others not. obviously the people at the school (and myself, i hate to say) were not.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
glitterfairy said:

awww thats sad :(

Did anyone here about that man who died on the M2 a couple of days ago?

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/man-dies-in-fatal-bus-accident/2007/06/19/1182019065702.html

I'm finally finished for the semester, but a bit nervous about results...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)