holidays (1 Viewer)

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
ok im lookin to find work within the next few wks
but ive also got a trip planned next january for one week

i was wondering if employers wud get realli pissed off if they offered me the job.. and then i immediately ask for a week off?

sorry, i have no experience in work =]

thx

Collin

HSC
N/A
:: ryan.cck :: said:
ok im lookin to find work within the next few wks
but ive also got a trip planned next january for one week

i was wondering if employers wud get realli pissed off if they offered me the job.. and then i immediately ask for a week off?

sorry, i have no experience in work =]

thx
Probably.. especially if you already have no work experience. Bosses need good REASONS to KEEP you. December & January are generally busy periods.. your best chance is to obviously not tell them about it until you get hired.. and just pray your ass off that they'll keep you.

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
here i was thinking that i'd be able to get 3 days off (if i get the job)

Scanorama

HSC
I got accepted of Christmas casual at Kmart on Monday during the interview with the manager. Before that, a staff rang me up a week before the interview and ask for me avaliability and stuff. I told her Im going on schoolies next Saturday and she said thats fine. Even with the manager in the interview, she said thats fine for me to go on schoolies for a week. So I don't think it will be a problem as long as you don't go away for a long long time.

superbird

HSC
i almost got fired at my job for taking a week off in january to go away somewhere. this is when i just got hired.
if i were u id probably wait till after your trip. that way you can build up a good reputation with ur employer :)

superbird

HSC
dark`secrets said:
^were you also employed on a casual basis?
yes. tho apparently in the interview i had said that i was available everyday throughout the school holidays (this is before i knew that my family was making plans for a holiday), which led to my employment. i think it was just a misunderstanding.
neways im still happily employed by them and been there for 2 years. if i was to ask for a holiday now im sure it wouldnt be a problem (as i now hav proven my loyalty to them).

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
lol damn it

mmm.. lets hope IF they employ me they'll be really flexible.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah i think after you're not new you can have more flexibility, when you're new though just do what they tell you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)