Holocaust denial as project topic (1 Viewer)

kate86

hey just wondering if anyone is doing Holocaust denial for their major work? Im interested to know what you would talk about or question is.
:)

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
hey, i WAS doing holocaust denial for my project. I was going to do something along the lines of why there was a difference between the German history of the war and the allied history of the war - this would then be extended into what effect nationalism etc. had on the writing on history, how history favours the victors, the necessity of documents (relating to how most of the hostory was written before the release of the archival documents). I did research on the david irving trial (Richard Evans has written a whole book on his part as researcher for the trial - it was pretty interesting); also i managed to get a hold of a transcript of the Wheatland Conference - was a v. interesting read. however, at heart, im an not a modern gal, and i found it a bit too hard - i had to do so much extra reading to first familiarize myself with the area, so i changed. however, there's lotsa great books at Newcastle Uni library. good luck! :)

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Im doing irving so im not doing holocaust denial exacley but i have read a bit on it

jaNetix

i did it as mine last yr...think i got 80 something for the essay
i did 3 'deniers'....and showed alternate sides to their arguments...

be prepared to read ur ass off!!!.....it screwed my head up a bit...

hibarizk29

Hiba
HSC
hey i'm doing my project on David Irving, what he says about the holocaust and the right of the historian, since he has been knocked back from several countries and he's always stopped from speaking his mind.

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
i'm looking at the holocaust - um the invovlment of hitler and looking at why different schools of thought regarding this have come to their differing conclusions.
Oh i found a good book on holocaust by Jocelyn Hellig called The Holocaust and Antisemitism very good book which looks a histiography of holocaust - not sure if its got much on the holocaust denial but interesting too look at.

BabyKat

Katti_Love
HSC
ummm a bit confused, i was sure u werent allowed 2 use something that was in wither the modern or ancient hsc syllabus as ur project topic, therefore u rnt allowed 2 do the holocaust?
help

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
Because the projects are internally marked it doesn't really matter if u are looking at an area that another syllubus touches on...

it depends what topic u are doing - for my project i did the Hitler and the Final Solution (Germany History) - in modern i do Russia + Cold War - nothing to do with Germany - therefore i wasn't crossing information from my syllubus with the project...

it depends on what ur teacher says though - i dont think (i may be wrong) that the board of studies has any restrictions relating to this in their outline of the projects - go to there website if u r concerned adn have a read of the restrictions page - but check with ur teacher cause ultimatly they have to mark it and it is up to them to decide wheather or not u are fulfilling the criteria.

veridis

droog
HSC
my class was told that we werent allowed to do anything directly relating to any subjects HSC or SC course but prelim was fine. a few people are doing tangents from stuff in the course so arent directly answering the same thing. as lnog as what you're doing doesnt resemble a dot point in any other syllabus then its different enough not to be considered doing a different subjects topic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)