Holocaust jailed. (2 Viewers)

The Nick

McBain
HSC
The sentence is appalling. Irving is a tard and deserves it, but the real issue here is that Austria should stop being ashamed of its past and rebuild the Reich. Without the genocide, concentration camps, and crappy racist philosophy which if anything is a weakness.

All shall bow before Inspector Rex.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
PaleReflection said:
What's worse is that the charge is based on something he said seventeen years ago. Wtf?

I cannot understand this.
Well then I'll rape you, go into hiding for 17 years and then come back and you'll not want me to be charged then?

davin

HSC
N/A
anyone know when he was brought up on charges, exactly? was it directly after 89, or more recently?

davin

HSC
N/A
ok....the warrant has been on him since 89.....he just avoided Austria till now.

A1

HSC
N/A
crazyhomo said:
i'm assuming this anti-semitic rant is meant as satire. either way i just want to point out that satanic verses was banned in many countries, and the protocols of the elders of zion was, and remains, a best seller in many countries (where it is also taught as historical fact)
"Anti-semitic rant". Well those few really deep words strike down any argument, don't they? By the way, I was focussing on jews, not semites as a whole.

Could you inform me about which countries have banned the Satanic Verses, and also in which countries The Protocols of the Elders of Zion was, and remains a best seller?

crazyhomo said:
even though it is a proven hoax, is believed by many to be an legit historical document
The hoax thing just doesn't stick with me. If you have a document that's written a century ago that details what will happen over the next century, and those things actually do happen, well, you call it what you like, but I really don't consider that a hoax. Hoaxes are generally unfounded and the things that were claimed don't actually realise. This is clearly not the case with this script.

Found this article just before: http://www.thetruthseeker.co.uk/article.asp?ID=4198. It provides a more detailed commentary on the Irving sentence.

Captain Gh3y said:
What's the difference, they're both crimes
Irving's teachings/preachings/debates/rants? are victimless crimes. Rape and murder are obviously more serious with physical harm. It's like one of us being arrested 17 years after we swore, because someone got offended. And I think that is a good analogy, since Irving never actually promoted any violence or physical harm, so he can't be accused of making physical threats, let alone actually doing anything nasty to anyone personally. He just believed that certain events did not take place, or they took place on a much smaller scale than the sheeple are lead to believe. So at the very most, he can be accused of offending a very, very small minority of ultra sensitives. For that he got 3 years.

Last edited:

The Nick

McBain
HSC
Sigh. The sentence Irving received has nothing to do with some Zionist conspiracy, neither is there a strong connection to principles of freedom of speech.

Quite simply, it became embedded in the national psyches of Germany and Austria that their behaviour in the War was repugnant and that they should be ashamed of it. Where civilians ignored what was happening, there are cases of Allied troops forcing them to confront their victims. They became ashamed, quite rightfully so, or their actions in a way Japan was never forced to be.

Thus, laws such as the one about "Holocaust denial" and the prohibition of slogans/actions used by the Nazis came into effect, in an attempt to prevent the recurrence of such horror.

Is his treatment fair? No. But nor is it the result of some jewish-spacemonster-he-man conspiracy.

davin

HSC
N/A
well, it WAS the law.....so to act like it was swearing is going a bit far...and i mean, he was banned from entering the country, as well.

The hoax thing just doesn't stick with me. If you have a document that's written a century ago that details what will happen over the next century, and those things actually do happen, well, you call it what you like, but I really don't consider that a hoax. Hoaxes are generally unfounded and the things that were claimed don't actually realise. This is clearly not the case with this script.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protocols_of_the_elders_of_zion
wikipedia said:
Following its first public publication in 1903 in the Russian Empire, numerous independent investigations have repeatedly proved the writing to be a hoax; notably, a series of articles printed in The Times of London in 1921 revealed that much of the material was directly plagiarized from earlier works of political satire unrelated to Jews. Nevertheless, some people continue to view it as factual, especially in parts of the world where anti-Semitism, anti-Judaism, or anti-Zionism are widespread.
the only countries i can find offhand that have banned the book, though, are Austria and Switzerland, it seems.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
A1 said:
"Anti-semitic rant". Well those few really deep words strike down any argument, don't they? By the way, I was focussing on jews, not semites as a whole.

Could you inform me about which countries have banned the Satanic Verses, and also in which countries The Protocols of the Elders of Zion was, and remains a best seller?
firstly, while 'semite' does not mean jewish, the term 'anti-semitic' does specifically refer to jews. learn to use a dictionary

as for countries that have banned the satanic verses:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salman_Rushdie said:
The publication of The Satanic Verses in September 1988 caused immediate controversy in the Islamic world due to its irreverent depiction of the prophet Muhammad. The book describes a prophet of God named "Mahound" who mixes "Satanic verses with the divine" (hence the title of the novel). India banned the book on October 5; South Africa banned it on November 24; and Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Somalia, Bangladesh, Sudan, Malaysia, Indonesia, and Qatar followed within weeks.

HSC
The problem with this is that the media has oversimplified the story and simply stated that Irving said that the Holocaust did not happen, which he did not state. Irving stated that -

David Irving said:
"I cannot accept the view... [that] there exists no document signed by Hitler, Himmler or Heydrich speaking of the extermination of the Jews."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Irving#Accusations_of_Holocaust_denial

Now how you can get jailed for that is quite beyond me. Put quite simply Irving was made an example of.

A1 said:
Clearly, David Irving should not have gone to jail. He was an academic who had a particular "school of thought". There are literally hundreds of various fields in society that have different schools of thought - it could be industrial relations, economics, religion, politics, the sciences etc etc. No one gets jailed here, at most some heated arguments occur. David Irving's problems lie in the fact that his area of study was jews. More specifically, his area of focus was something that jews found displeasing.
I totally agree ... in this case I believe that it is against Free Speech and that people should be able to publish alternative views of History without fear of vilification.

HSC
Sorry I take some of that back ... Irving really did state that the Holocaust did not happen ... damn should have read the full article (mutter, mutter)

Mc_Meaney

Banned
HSC
Its as simple as most of these European have laws against "Denying the Holocaust" just as Germany has a law under its 1948 Constitution "Banning the Nazi Party and all Directly linked to The NP"

This stuff was enacted over half a century ago and its prevented it happening again, so whats the harm? The guy's an idiot anyway.

Emly

E.T
HSC
it was Austria's law.. and he knew that, yet he continued to defy it. he got what he asked for i think.

hes an idiot, i cant stand him.

call me biased... but oh well

davin

HSC
N/A
ok, you're biased.

taht he's an idiot and what he said offends a great many doesn't mean silencing outright is ok. it was and is a bad law, imo. though no idea why he thought it was a good idea to reenter the country. think he's regretting that move.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
why is against the law to do a hitler salute, or to have a nazi flag and wave it around? - freedom of speech?

X

xeuyrawp

HotShot said:
why is against the law to do a hitler salute, or to have a nazi flag and wave it around? - freedom of speech?
It's against the law in many Western European countries because it allowed the Allied countries to legally stop any neo-Nazi uprisings, basically.

It was a rule created by the occupying Allies and still stands today.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
PwarYuex said:
It's against the law in many Western European countries because it allowed the Allied countries to legally stop any neo-Nazi uprisings, basically.

It was a rule created by the occupying Allies and still stands today.
lol....

and the muhammed cartoon controversy... stopped a lot of uprisings....:rofl:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)