Home and Away (3 Viewers)

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
tasha1188 said:
Im still gonna blame Peter, you're not supposed to have your headlights on full beam if there is a car at least 100m ahead of you, and when you go on a bend, you still have to turn it off. So Peter is still at wrong here.
Oh, you're so totally right there, Tasha! Peter is so bad for having his high beams on. Tisk tisk tisk. Compared to drink driving, that's just ... argh! There's no words to describe how bad that is. The fact that Amanda's B.A.C. was 0.12 is just irrelevant.

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
Yaaaay!! i know something about road rules -dances- I should really take my Ps test now :p jks but its nice to know im right about something.

Great caps there Nathan. Hmmmm...Jacky <<<3

HSC
It was amandas fault, but if Peter didnt have his highlights on full beam, Amanda wouldnt have had that accident.[as tasha said] Maybe another one, but not this one.

And Amanda did the wrong thing by driving in the first place, so yeah it was originally her fault.

sorry stupid question, but whats B.A.C. stand for?

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
tasha1188 said:
Yaaaay!! i know something about road rules -dances- I should really take my Ps test now jks but its nice to know im right about something.
Lol, Tasha you do know I was being sarcastic?

$hiftyIceQueen said:
sorry stupid question, but whats B.A.C. stand for?
It's not a stupid question. My bad for abbreviating it.
B.A.C. = Blood Alcohol Content. Sorry, it's just I did this in one of my classes last year in Uni, so it automatically get's abbreviated - I'm used to making it B.A.C. for assignments and crap.

HSC
SiZmOs said:
It's not a stupid question. My bad for abbreviating it.
B.A.C. = Blood Alcohol Content. Sorry, it's just I did this in one of my classes last year in Uni, so it automatically get's abbreviated - I'm used to making it B.A.C. for assignments and crap.
Oh Ok thanks...good to know i aint totally stupid :p

Siz said:
Tasha said:
Yaaaay!! i know something about road rules -dances- I should really take my Ps test now jks but its nice to know im right about something.
Lol, Tasha you do know I was being sarcastic?
LOL! Tasha you're soo cute :uhhuh:

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Well yes having high beam on at night is pretty bad. Your meant to turn them off when you see another car approach and then put them back on after they have passed you. Plenty of people don't do that though.

So Siz was I right in saying hospitals must give drivers involved in a car crash a BAC test and contact police the results?

Oh no problem about the caps people, one for everyone.

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
pritnep said:
Well yes having high beam on at night is pretty bad. Your meant to turn them off when you see another car approach and then put them back on after they have passed you. Plenty of people don't do that though.
You are, but in this instance, I don't know if Peter had time to turn off his lights - he did say that she came around the bend quite fast. And yes, it seemed like a long time that he had his high beams on, but remember, we were seeing that from Amanda's DRUNK point of view.

So Siz was I right in saying hospitals must give drivers involved in a car crash a BAC test and contact police the results?
I think in most instances the patient's receive a BAC test, but whether or not the police are contacted depends on the situation, I believe. For example, if it was a single car MVA, and no one else was in danger, or hurt, then I don't think it may come up. That, and it depends on how high the BAC were.
Don't quote me or anything, as I'm not entirely sure. I'll ask at Uni tomorrow and get back to you on it. :)

"Chubby"

HSC
i missed tonight's ep..dam work!! call me ar 4 10 for a 4 30 start!

i can't believe i missed alf going off at martha and martha being clueless in what to say...

aww i really wanted to see peter save amanda...damm

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
Chubby said:
aww i really wanted to see peter save amanda...damm
Lol. All he did was like "Amanda, open your eyes! Answer me! Amanda!" Then he called 000.

Good save.

EDIT: Oh, and he moved her head - which I hope everyone here knows is the biggest no-no when someone's just had an accident, especially a car accident! You don't need to be studying policing to know that!!

Last edited:

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
awwww...i was wrong. That sucks. But still arent you supposed to turn your high beam of when going on a curve thing???? Oh wellz, i guess i dont know roads then. I can wait a little longer to get my license then :

It was so sweet at the hospital before they found out Amanda was drunk. Peter was like "can i see her?" and Dr Young was like something about her still being a bit out of it, and Peter was like "She's my wife" and i was like awwwwwwww...sooo sweet, and Dan was like WTH?!?!? :p and even Drew and Belle were civil towards each other for like a microsecond, and then they were at each others throats again :p

Tomorrow should be good -thinks- Paige :)

HSC
Siz, how long have you wanted study policing?

You seem really good at it-unless you're lying to us :p

Bah..you would have done the same thing!

"Chubby"

HSC
tasha1188 said:
It was so sweet at the hospital before they found out Amanda was drunk. Peter was like "can i see her?" and Dr Young was like something about her still being a bit out of it, and Peter was like "She's my wife" and i was like
OMG Peter said that? AWWWWWW!!!...how could i have missed that?! DAM DAM DAM

sizmos: aah i saw that part...i meant afterwards lol my mistake

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
$hiftyIceQueen said:
Siz, how long have you wanted study policing?

You seem really good at it-unless you're lying to us :p

Bah..you would have done the same thing!
Lol, to be honest, I chose policing because my UAI was going to be low, because I did I.T. at school (VET course), so I wouldn't of been able to get into anything too high - doesn't it make you feel good that the police force consists of people who didn't get high UAI's?
Though, people have told me I have a hero-complex, and policing was a natural choice for me. To be honest, I much rather would have preferred to be a fire-fighter, but my asthma prevents me from doing that.

And yeah, I'm in my second year now, and not nearly as smart as all the other people in the course. I wouldn't lie - I just relay what I think I know.

And I wouldn't have moved her head if she'd been in a car accident. Big no-no. Everyone knows that!

HSC
SiZmOs said:
Lol, to be honest, I chose policing because my UAI was going to be low, because I did I.T. at school (VET course), so I wouldn't of been able to get into anything too high - doesn't it make you feel good that the police force consists of people who didn't get high UAI's?
Though, people have told me I have a hero-complex, and policing was a natural choice for me. To be honest, I much rather would have preferred to be a fire-fighter, but my asthma prevents me from doing that.

And yeah, I'm in my second year now, and not nearly as smart as all the other people in the course. I wouldn't lie - I just relay what I think I know.

And I wouldn't have moved her head if she'd been in a car accident. Big no-no. Everyone knows that!
Lol. It doesnt make me feel good, you're meant to be smart! ;)

On the topic, are you like really tall? Because all the male cops i see are TALL !! and the female ones are so tiny :p

Aww..there there you can still help people while being a cop.

He moved the head, yeah i was like wtf...then again its H&A they're not perfect you know!

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
$hiftyIceQueen said:
Lol. It doesnt make me feel good, you're meant to be smart! ;)

On the topic, are you like really tall? Because all the male cops i see are TALL !! and the female ones are so tiny :p

Aww..there there you can still help people while being a cop.

He moved the head, yeah i was like wtf...then again its H&A they're not perfect you know!
I hunch a lot - it's because when I was younger, I got sick of people always commenting on how tall I was, like people would come over and it's: Oh, hi Sue! Hi Bradley! It's good to see you! Oh my! Simon! You're so tall!!
I copped that literally everytime someone came over... So I started hunching.... Anyway, life story aside, when I stand upright I'm about 6"1, almost 6"2.
There is one bloke in our course who stands at almost 7". He's tall.
The girls in the course vary in height. There are lots of tallies, but heaps of shorties, too.

HSC
See you suit the job PERFECTLY!!!!!:D

Being tall isnt bad, unless you have to bend down to pass through hall ways :| But being short is worse. i should know :(

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
a cop. That awesome. I like cops. I used to get scared of them, but that was only coz i threw a rock a someones car when i was little and my dad told me that the cops are going to come get me, so then i got scared of them. but then i went to England, and i started liking cops again. I used to alwayz wave to them when i was younger :p And i like the uniforms too :p Or maybe i like cops coz of Jack, no i'll stick with the England story :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)