Home and Away (3 Viewers)

jirwin

HSC
maybe - i wanna finish one artist tonight but i doubt it will happen. plus i have english hw to do which i might do during the logies and finish it off during my free tomorro (its before english :D)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
ive slept for the whole day....i knew i shouldnt of went out last night :(
im glad its not the exam period though......

HSC
Aww... good luck with your assesments Jess :eek:

Jeremy thats your fault :p shouldnt be out 24/7 ! :p

Newcastle lost :( :'( ..how depressing:(:(:(:(:(:(

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
hahaha thats coz newcastle suck
no johns= no hope :p

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
:wave:

I went driving today, preparations before my test :)

Newcastle Suck, then again so do the Roosters :p

Ooo...Red Carpet in 2hrs 45mins :)

Oh you guys have to read this. So funny, and stupid and just wants to make you slap the chick that wrote it :p

Out of their tiny moinds -
Couch life Age, The (Melbourne, Australia)
May 5, 2007
Author: Catherine Deveny
Home and Away is a bigger threat to our culture than Osama bin Laden will ever be

YOU'D THINK THAT 1.3 million Australians couldn't be wrong. They can. I know because I've just watched three episodes of Home and Away. Remember what I said about McLeod's Daughters? Well, multiply that by six hundred billion. Forget the War on Terror; it's time for the War on Home and Away. The biggest threat to the fibre of our society, the lives of our children and the decimation of our culture is not Osama bin Laden or George Bush; it's this televisual atrocity.

Where do I start? I can finish the line "You know we belong together" with "You and I together forever". How is it possible for me, and you, to know all the words to the Home And Away theme song without watching one single episode? I blame the government.

The cast members' level of attractiveness is in inverse proportion to their acting ability. But it's not that these young folk can't act that I find alarming. It's that they can barely string two words together. Through the 67 excruciating minutes I kept feeling as if I was watching a sketch comedy parody of a really bad Australian soap, without the jokes.

The first episode opens with big drama at Summer Bay. Rape? Murder? International espionage? No. Someone has stolen two bottles of Scotch from the surf club. Then it's all, "Shut up Cassie", "Why would you want to hang around with a low life like me?" and "This isn't about Macca any more," (FLICKS HAIR. WALKS OFF. GOES TO BEACH. SITS ON ROCKS. LOOKS ENIGMATIC.)

I was extremely distressed that in three episodes I did not once hear Alf Stewart say "flaming mongrels". But he was in a constant state of exasperation, shaking his head and sucking air through his teeth. Irene is the character who really worries me. The rough diamond with a heart of gold speaks fluent Aussie cliche: "Fair dinkum. How anyone could be so stupid considerin' how much grievin' this town has been goin' through is beyond me", and "What the flipping 'eck is goin' on? Are you out of your tiny moind?" Sure we need to hear Australian voices on our screens but that Australian voice?

It is impossible for Home and Away to dumb down the viewers because anyone who watches this show must be brain dead already.

"Dickheads By The Sea" is Australian content. But that doesn't explain why it is seen in more than 50 countries. It reminds me of that old Billy Crystal gag: Abe walks in to find his best friend Sol having sex with his wife. Abe says, "Sol. I have to. But you?' "

Neighbours has produced stars such as Kylie Minogue, Guy Pearce and Russell Crowe. Home and Away? Bec Cartwright.

I would rather saw off my children's limbs than let them watch this offensive insult to even the biggest moron. And if you think that I'm being too hard, tune in. But don't blame me if you end up punching a hole in the television or calling Amnesty International to report an abuse of human rights.

Home and Away, Monday to Friday Channel Seven, 7pm.

Last edited:
HSC
Hey leave Newcastle alone :( *cries*

Roosters are shit...you cant compare the two :p

Ohh howd it go tasha?

Jeremy who do you go for?

@ tasha haha that was stupid :p

Last edited:
HSC
Ewwwww

you're like my brother and uncle...i feel sorry for you..such a crap team..were you one of those people who went on about the team losin coz of the coach :p

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
the roosters got killed, it was depressing. The Swans did well though, even though we lost -cries-

Driving? t'was good, made me tired so i might have a bit of a nap for an hr before the news starts. I learnt how to revese park in my brothers car, so now hopefully i can do it in the test :)

HSC
yay for Tasha...i used to drie soo slowly..now im killing it lol my mum, keeps holding on to the door :(

<3 the av :eek:

Roosters are shitter than shit :p

Last edited:
HSC
Aww

my mum is like the only person who will sit in the same car as me when im driving...they all think i'll kill them :(

Oh well...before yesterday was the first day i drove at night :eek: and it was cool...the whole road for myself :)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
$hiftyIceQueen said:
yay for Tasha...i used to drie soo slowly..now im killing it lol my mum, keeps holding on to the door :(

<3 the av :eek:

Roosters are shitter than shit :p
at least were above the knights heba :p
im surprised youa ctually dont go for the bulldogs...not that is a bad thing though :)

HSC
:(

Not nice ... :p

Its ok...we all know like every year if the eels make it they will get hammered in the finals :p

princess Alex

HSC
i want to know what ever happened to halley... she kinda just went but i had to laugh when one night it was bec hewitt and the next it was a rndom ranga that didn't look a thing like her.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
?????
that was the most randomest thing ever

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)