Homeland (1 Viewer)

bleaso

HSC
Hello :)
Has anyone read, Homeland by Anna Maria Dell'oso?
Does anyone have any techniques how belonging is represented :(?
I need help,

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
It's a really good text - which I believe I've seen before in a Paper One Section One (well,an extract of it, anyway). I remember it was really easy to analyse. Use the typical techniques - metaphors, motifs, similies, tone, contrast, connotations etc.

I don't quite understand what's so difficult about it. Isn't it just techniques - and then their effect?

bleaso

HSC
Um okay, know need to be a snob about it :S
All i did was ask for help, if your gunna be a hero about it then don't bother posting on my thread, because last time i checked asking for help doesn't make you an idiot, so don't make me out to be one!

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
What's the point of choosing a related text that you can't analyse? Wouldn't it make sense to choose a related text that you can analyse? Isn't the whole point of choosing related texts is to find one which has links to your core text? If you can't find any links to your core text, then clearly that text is not suitable.

bleaso

HSC
Aw we only had two options for the short story, this and another but this was related to immigrants so yeah

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Why do you only have two options for related texts? That's stupid. Does that mean your entire cohort will be choosing related texts between two texts?

bleaso

HSC
haha i don't know.
Its a speech,
A movie or our choice.
A poem of our choice.
AND a choice out of two short stories
then relate it all back to Skrzynecki

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)