• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Honestly Need Desperate Help (1 Viewer)

eyetalian

HSC
N/A
Hi

Im doing Life is Beautiful for Inner Journeys and after watching the film I realized that they're is no way this could be an inner journey over a physical or imaginative journey. He uses his imagination to protect his offspring.

Someone please help because I cant get my head around this definition of inner journey and how on earth they are applied to Life is Beautiful.

Also after recognizing this what type of related text that isnt a movie and BOS stimulus texts best suits this movie Life is Beautiful

Thanks, Eyetalian

desmond.thai

HSC
Hello,

An inner journey is one which deals with issues of the mind and spirit. Like a physical journey, it involves travel, but more important than the distance covered is the spiritual, emotional or mental landscape that the traveller crosses.

The inner journey still revolves around the concept of arriving at a new destination but this destination does not need to be a new physical place, it may be a new state of mind, emotional state or a new way of viewing the world.

How does this relate to Life is Beautiful???

Well Benigni establishes the idea that this is an inner journey through the use of slapstick comedy and symbolism.

The use of slapstick comedy is used to create a different perception of the world
The use of symbolism eg. the mist, is used to represent the barrier between the real world and the spirit world.

Guido's inner journey are: Self interest to self sacrifice, confusion to understanding and denial to acceptance.

Hope this helps.

eyetalian

HSC
N/A
Thank you so much that really helped its just that with all the techniques and all this type of language and forms used by Benigni how do I structure the essay to include everything

Or do I simply use the technqiues necessary to the inner journey necessary.

Thanks alot this was a great help

Eyetalian

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)