Honour Killings (1 Viewer)

bigneh

HSC
Islam is such a fucked up, vile, sexist, ancient and dangerous religion.

It is true that Christianity was to a large extent similar with regard to violence and treatment of women etc. However, the key word here is was.

How many hundreds of thousands of young girls have to suffer genital mutilation before we stop making excuses for this insane religion?

Why do we have to be so tolerant for Muslim culture when their countries deny entry to Jews? Why do we have to put up with the inevitable trouble caused by people from such an outdated and polar culture and pay for it from our own pockets? What do we get out of it?
Thats put quite well hippo, and i completely agree. There are way too many blind myspace liberals here who know nothing about Islam. Honour killings are quite frequent, the large majority of them go unreported. Their culture is NOT equal to ours and anyone who says it is has to go youtube it for about 15mins, i happen to enjoy the freedoms women have in this country and dont think stoning women is equal to our culture.
And btw wrxsti, please, go to a islamic state and ask to be treated equaly as a infidel. We will then see if you are still punting for them then.
I am strongly against most religions, especially the three abrahamic ones. I dont know whats worse, these guys who slit their daughters throats for getting a text message from a male friend, or the people who fiercely defend them.

To add something constructive, check out the likes of Sam Harris, Christopher Hitchens, Richard Dawkins, Pat Condell, the 'Fitna' short movie etc etc.

Religion does not deserve respect people, and it certainly does not excuse barbaric acts like honour killings.
Thankfully we are the only intellegent species around, because its embarrasing being a human with all this religion.
Imagine no religion, no Islam, no beheadings on the news or mangled children from bombings because they where born on the wrong street and happen to be the wrong varient.

Religion is mass insanity, it is the root of all evil (RD), and it poisons everything (CH).

bigneh

HSC
Btw i love it when people are called racist for taking a stab at islam. Last time i checked, Islam is a religion, not a race.

Also i got a good laugh when i saw wrxsti claim that if there was no Islam and no Jewdaism we would attack the africans. Are you serious man? we have a problem with the religion, Wtf has it got to do with race.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Schroedinger said:
Cultural relativism is a sickening intellectual fraud.
Do you really believe that? In terms of relativism as a broad concept, I think something similar

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
Women's rights in the Middle East

% Illiterate (Age 15 and Older)
Egypt: 61.2% women.
Iran: 34.2% women.
Iraq: 55% women.
Jordan: 21.6% women.
Libya: 37% women.
Palestinian Authority: 23% women.
Saudi Arabia: 49.8% women.
Syria: 44.2% women.
Israel: 7% women.

% of women in labor force
Egypt: 21%
Iran: 12%
Iraq: 18%
Jordan: 21%
Libya: 21%
Palestinian Authority: 11.4%
Saudi Arabia: 13%
Syria: 19%
Israel: 45% (same as US statistics)

Literacy Sources: www.wclac.org and CIA Factbook (2000) at www.gov/cia/publications/pubs.html

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
JaredR said:
Women's rights in the Middle East

% Illiterate (Age 15 and Older)
Egypt: 61.2% women.
Iran: 34.2% women.
Iraq: 55% women.
Jordan: 21.6% women.
Libya: 37% women.
Palestinian Authority: 23% women.
Saudi Arabia: 49.8% women.
Syria: 44.2% women.
Israel: 7% women.

% of women in labor force
Egypt: 21%
Iran: 12%
Iraq: 18%
Jordan: 21%
Libya: 21%
Palestinian Authority: 11.4%
Saudi Arabia: 13%
Syria: 19%
Israel: 45% (same as US statistics)

Literacy Sources: www.wclac.org and CIA Factbook (2000) at www.gov/cia/publications/pubs.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)