Honours in business/commerce? (1 Viewer)

dude01

HSC
Is there any point in completing an honours year in business/commerce? I've heard people say that it's pretty pointless and you're better off just getting out there working and getting experience. Any thoughts on this?

-Lemon-

HSC
N/A
wtf are you talking about you.....
The words 'business' and 'commerce' are umbrella terms, you don't do 'honors' in them, you do honors in finance, econ, marketing, etc..

dude01

HSC
wtf are you talking about you.....
The words 'business' and 'commerce' are umbrella terms, you don't do 'honors' in them, you do honors in finance, econ, marketing, etc..
OK RELAX.

I meant honours generally for those doing a business or commerce degree. More specifically I'm looking to do honours in HR. Happy?

BTW we're in Australia, it's 'honours' - but thanks for trying.

-Lemon-

HSC
N/A
OK RELAX.

I meant honours generally for those doing a business or commerce degree. More specifically I'm looking to do honours in HR. Happy?

BTW we're in Australia, it's 'honours' - but thanks for trying.
yes honours in HR is useless...oh wait, HR is USELESS TO BEGIN WITH.

dvse

HSC
N/A
Is there any point in completing an honours year in business/commerce? I've heard people say that it's pretty pointless and you're better off just getting out there working and getting experience. Any thoughts on this?
Economics degree is pretty worthless _without_ honours. Finance is not a bad option either... The reservations about the rest are well justified, I think.

RDX

one8seven
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah I'd say Eco and Fin are definitely worth doing Honours for.

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
You'd probably want to do honours in econs.
Finance it really depends if you are given a grad role or not - it sure is better than working at coles for a year.

dude01

HSC
What about for HR? No one on this site even has a major in HR I bet lol

Vagabond

Machine
HSC
No need to worry about that decision. Just ensure you do all the pre-reqs and get the required marks (as to keep your options open).

In your standard 3-year commerce degree try to get a penul. internship and/or graduate job.

If you fail then pursue honours, become more competitive and buy yourself a second chance.

There's no reason why it should be anything but a backup plan unless you're actually passionate about writing a thesis.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)