Honours (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Im wondering if anyone has done or is doing honours at UWS and what your opinion on it is

4eyesnb

HSC
N/A
honours in UWS... :rofl: i heard that you can apply it with out getting above creadit average

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
4eyesnb said:
honours in UWS... :rofl: i heard that you can apply it with out getting above creadit average
For law...they all look like a credit or above to me

Honours Rules

1. (a) Calculations used for the award of honours utilises the Grade Point Average in LLB units. The GPA is calculated using the following formula: HD: 7 D: 6 C:5 P:4 Conceded Pass: 3 F: 0

(b) Eligibility for honours depends upon the student's overall achievements in the LLB and the level of achievement in the 16 compulsory units for the LLB. Students with one failure can be considered for honours.

2. (a) The following rules shall apply in determining the grade of honours to be awarded:

(i) For the award of Honours 1: The student will be required to attain an overall GPA of at least 6.0 in LLB units AND a GPA of at least 6.0 in the compulsory LLB units

(ii) For the award of Honours 2.1 - The student will be required to attain an overall GPA of at least 5.80 in LLB units AND a GPA of at least 5.80 in compulsory LLB units.

(iii) For the award of Honours 2.2 - The student will be required to attain an overall GPA of at least 5.5 in LLB units AND a GPA of at least 5.5 in compulsory LLB units.

(b) A student's GPA is to be determined by taking the average of all LLB units undertaken including the results in the one LLB unit that has been failed.
Whats the UWS law honours like - An extra year of study or for just doing well?

L

LaraB

ari89 said:
For law...they all look like a credit or above to me

Whats the UWS law honours like - An extra year of study or for just doing well?
it's merit based - its different to teh business ones where you area accepted based on merit then do the honours "course".

With the law one, like a lot of otehr unis, it's more a nice thing to have next to your degree/on your resume not a "course".

L

LaraB

4eyesnb said:
Applying does not equate to acceptance...

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
LaraB said:
it's merit based - its different to teh business ones where you area accepted based on merit then do the honours "course".

With the law one, like a lot of otehr unis, it's more a nice thing to have next to your degree/on your resume not a "course".
thanks

4eyesnb

HSC
N/A
LaraB said:
Applying does not equate to acceptance...
that's true for any grade/GPA, not only apply to pass avg.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)