HSC
N/A
stamos said:
yeah so what's the deal with this new fangled honours system

someone please explain it to me
there's info up?

edit - i'll answer my own question:
UNSW to award Honours in Law

UNSW has recently approved the award of Honours in Law. The first students eligible for the award of Honours will be those completing the requirements of the LLB program in semester 2, 2007.

The award of Honours in the LLB will be based on two requirements: the Weighted Average Mark (WAM); and satisfactory performance in written research. To demonstrate “satisfactory performance in written research” a student must complete one long substantial piece or three shorter substantial pieces of research writing in their program.

All courses taken towards the Law degree will be taken into account for written research requirements, but only those taken at UNSW Law School will count towards the WAM.

Students will not be required to complete an additional year for the award of Honours in Law.

Honours will be awarded in the LLB in the following classes: Honours Class 1; Honours Class 2, Division 1; and Honours Class 2, Division 2.

The Law School will establish an Honours Committee which will oversee the implementation and review the awarding of Honours each year. The Committee will consist of the Director of Undergraduate Studies in the Law School and three other members of the academic staff chosen by the School.

For further details, please read: Message from the Dean in relation to Honours in the LLB program for current students.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)