Hoon Laws & Our opinions. (1 Viewer)

Mawery

HSC
With the new Impound your car laws I thought, Well thats ok ya know do a few burn outs one weekend with ya mates and pay the price. Now if you're caught doing burnouts or skids what ever you want to call them they crush you're car.. If you're caught doing 40 Kms over the speed limit you will just get a nasty fine, what I want the government to realise is that a couples of young blokes fangin' there cars around in the outskirts doing a few skids isn't hurting anybody but their wallets, So really It's now safer to drag race upto 150 km/h if you think about it because you'll just get a nasty fine.

What do you guys think?

John McCain

Horse liberty
HSC
N/A
They can't just immediately crush your car.

They'll only seize your vehicle after multiple serious offenses. There's a warning system, and if you do lose you car, you had it coming and shouldn't be on the road.

That said, given the value of the average car, I do think the penalty is extreme. Losing an asset worth $20'000+ is over the top.

If you want to do burnouts and stuff, do it on private property or the track.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
The crushing laws have been in place since something like 2005, when a 55 year old got t boned by some dude dragging at mt druitt. I see nothing wrong with em, if you get caught you deserve it. Theres a time and a place for everything.

You should probably be able to outrun em too.

Mawery

HSC
You should probably be able to outrun em too.
Lol^. Chopper = 200Km/h + ?

Anyway I just don't think that it is justifiable, doing burnouts and fooling around with your mates somewhere is no harm, the people driving and in the car must accept the risks or they wouldn't get in. Since when has doing a good old skid caused any serious accidents? you're doing about 20km/h lol

klitzy

HSC
Since when has doing a good old skid caused any serious accidents?
I dunno about that man. I can see the point of these laws and as others said, you know if you get caught you've had it coming. Fucken around in a paddock is fine or even those sparsely populated areas out west. But it stops dickheads from getting cocky when they don't know what they're doing or in a controlled environment, like a small suburban street, where they lose it and they're up the gutter into the front fence. There is a time and a place for all this.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I fail to see how anyone could possibly justify doing donuts/burnouts as being a necessity on public roads... at least speeding/weaving in and out of traffic/etc... could possibly be bs'd out of, but donuts?? It's bad enough we see P platers TRY and drift at intersections!

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Doing a few doughies really isn't that dangerous. Wreckless driving and street racing are much worse IMO.

lolwth

Banned
HSC
doing a burnout should be a point and $80 fine at the most
what the fuck is it hurting apart from your drivetrain?

drag racing is fucking dumb and very serious imo though

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
I think as long as they are max doughies and are done on gravel it is okay

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
doing a burnout should be a point and $80 fine at the most
what the fuck is it hurting apart from your drivetrain?

drag racing is fucking dumb and very serious imo though
granny shifting
not double clutching like you should
you're lucky the 100 shot of nos didn't blow the welds on the intake
now me and the mad scientist gotta rip apart the block and replace the piston rings you fried

ask any racer
any real racer
whether you win by an inch of a mile
winning is winning

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Back to original topic, I was being bloody tailgated by a stupid R32 Golf today and the moment we turned a corner he pulled up next to me then floored it. Sigh. P plater too. Impound his car yo.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
ahhahahahahahah

i was tailgated by some wanker in a gemini through baulkham hills
who overtook me across double unbroken lines
was following him along barclay rd and decided i was a madcunt and overtook him at 110
cop at the top of the hill pulls him over

i am untouchable

John McCain

Horse liberty
HSC
N/A
Ok so I've been "granny shifting" since I bought my car and I've gotten to the point where I can shift rather fast. But I hear that Double-clutching is supposed to be faster in a drag scenario. I've practiced double-clutching and still seems as though "granny shifting" is faster. Can anyone tell me why and/or how double-clutching is better?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)