HooveR?! (1 Viewer)

psycho_mushy

HSC
hello!

is there anyone out there doing America?

if so, and you are doing Hoover as your personality, can you send us some notes on HooveR? I'm really stuck on him!

Any notes which worked for you in the trials would be gratefully used!

thanks heaps in advance!

hehehehe, my email is psycho_mushy@hotmail.com if u wanna send it via attachment!

THANK YOU HISTORY FELLA'S!

Lolliana

well
i guess the main thing is to know the important events in hoovers life
in 2001 the question a was something like 'describe significant events' in 2002 it was 'outline main events'
part b is a little more complex, youre expected to evaluate and draw some conclusions in 2001 part b focused on Hoovers relation to gansterism and self promotion in 2002 it was about his contribution to law enforcement

okay, so the main events in his life...from the weak, scrammbled brain of Lolliana
Born washington, 1895
obtained law degree at washington university (worked part time at the library of congress (yes the man was a LIBRARIAN) where he learnt his formidable filing skills

in 1917 he went to work at the Justice department as a clerk (exempt from enlisting)

1919 Palmer raids, Hoover involved (24 yrs old at the time) later played down own involvement, and deflected balme onto Michel A Palmer

you should know the influences of US entry into war, fear of communism, gansterism, prohibition Volstead Act 1920, Hollywood, the Dry Act (cant remember date), the Man Act of 1917- in contributing to Hoovers power and influence

1921 Saco and Vanzetti case (which you should know as part of 'rise in social conservatism')

1924- temporary postion as BI director (appointed by then governor general harlan Fisk Stone)

1932 election of FDR

1935 bi changed to fbi,
some important cases are the Lindberg kidnapping case of 1932
the capture of John Dilenger

some important inititives- 'crime records library' national finger printing system etc etc

Hoover was FBI director for 48 years and served under 8 presidents he died in 1972

(totally out of place but i just thought you may find it interesting that he only allowed women to wear pants to work in 1971)

so yeah, thats as far as i can go here, without my written notes, anyone else willing to add to my nonsensical list of crap?

i can give you some historians you may like to look at

Cartha Deloach
Anthony Summers
and Curt Gentry

Last edited:

psycho_mushy

HSC
thanks heaps..... looks like I'm gonna have to get some more help :(

Kblay

I am doing Hoover also,
One thing you must remeber you should never mention his cross dressing.... It was never proven therefore not useful in an essay... My Teacher said you may want to mention Tolsen and Hoover however you are generally asked how did he effect law enforcement and you could say that his consumer life with Tolsen left little room for law enforcement

psycho_mushy

HSC
smae here! don't say the gay stuff! it would be funn though!

K-Lo

oh wow! i cant believe there is actually people doing hoover! yay! umm anyways im kinda stuck on historiography and time is running out....so if anyones got any they wanna share it or even some hints on where to look it would be very much appreciated! thanks heaps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)