hooz uai was unbearably close but below the uai cut-off (1 Viewer)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
9odspeed said:
its so incredibly frustrating. business/law at uts 97.5 for 2005. i got a uai of 97.4. how would u rate my chances for 2006

is anyone else in this situation....if so vent that anger here
Just wait it out, make sure you have a fall back option such as a Business Degree to fall back on and then you can transfer, also the UAI may drop or you may recieve an offer in a later round. There are also other places you can study MAQ is about 95, UoW is 91 I think, UWS 90, ANU 95 etc

There are many options and with .10 under you may be lucky :)

Mandy101

HSC
Geez what's with the critical analysis of 9odspeed's spelling style? Get over it...

I wouldn't worry about the one point - I personally think UAI cut-off's will drop somewhat this year due to UAI's on the whole falling.

9odspeed

The Goat
HSC
melsc and mandy...u gals are champs...finally some nice reassuring comments...ppl always say "if ur lucky"...but have u guys heard of any cases where people have gotten into their desired course despite having a slightly lower uai

HSC
N/A
I have - generally they get in via the phonecall + high marks in related areas.

But in all seriousness, I would not freak out until actual cut-offs are released.

Mandy101

HSC
I haven't heard of specific cases, but I have talked to people who 'know other people' who have been let in, despite lower marks.

I personally received a UAI of 99.00, and the cut-off for combined law at UNSW was 99.15 last year, which is a bit of a bummer - but I'll see what happens. If not, I'll go to UTS. Either way, things always happen for the best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)