Hornsby Driving Test Route (1 Viewer)

kikidesu

HSC
I'm going for my driving test soon at Hornsby.
I was wondering if anyone ones the route?
Or, can give me some tips?!

jcurry

HSC
just stay calm and dont panic, dont worry about failing cause you probably will then
just do what you have learnt and you should do fine
and good luck

mandathepanda

HSC
Just know the Hornsby,Asquith and Mt Colah areas well. A bit of wahroonga wouldn't hurt either as I was taken there.

CieL

HSC
Oh I did my DART at the Hornsby RTA.

I stalked a few Learners there. They all took a different route.

My route went to Asquith.. as I saw the WELCOME TO ASQUITH sign.. but I couldn't tell you the route as I've never been to Asquith in my life until then..

I just remember turning left out of the RTA carpark [which is like 5km/h limit or something.. there's a hidden STOP sign and line at the exit].. then at the first lights I turned left.. then I had no idea where I was.. I went past a functioning school zone [where the Welcome to Asquith sign was].. Turned left shortly after the school zone.. Went to a massive road with dirt/park on the side where I got tested parking behind a car.. Got tested somewhere hill start.. 3 point turns, etc.. And I went down that steeeeep road with two consecutive round abouts.. then somehow I ended up back at the RTA..

Maybe someone who knows the area well might be able to piece up the route lol

CieL

HSC
fOxYcLeOpTrA89 said:
how many (real) hours did every1 do b4 passing
I lost count after 150hrs.

I clocked up 20hrs in the first fortnight I got my Learners.
I had my Ls for exactly 1yr.

Then I drove everywhere [eg. school 30mins each way, tutoring 20mins each way, road trips few hours each way] because my parents knew I loved driving.. and because they were too lazy to drive..

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
35-40. I think my testing officer knew. Mainly because I didn't think ahead the night before my test when I was filling out my logbook, because I only 45 hours like 3 days before the test according to my book, and the last 5hrs crammed into the next 2 days.

He spent like 10 mins counting em up and shit. Fucking wetherill park.

CieL

HSC
lol serious.

At Hornsby RTA he just thumbed through my booklet.. as in, flipped it so it was just a blur.. then goes, OK, and heads to the photocopier..

kikidesu

HSC
CieL said:
Oh I did my DART at the Hornsby RTA.

I stalked a few Learners there. They all took a different route.

My route went to Asquith.. as I saw the WELCOME TO ASQUITH sign.. but I couldn't tell you the route as I've never been to Asquith in my life until then..

I just remember turning left out of the RTA carpark [which is like 5km/h limit or something.. there's a hidden STOP sign and line at the exit].. then at the first lights I turned left.. then I had no idea where I was.. I went past a functioning school zone [where the Welcome to Asquith sign was].. Turned left shortly after the school zone.. Went to a massive road with dirt/park on the side where I got tested parking behind a car.. Got tested somewhere hill start.. 3 point turns, etc.. And I went down that steeeeep road with two consecutive round abouts.. then somehow I ended up back at the RTA..

Maybe someone who knows the area well might be able to piece up the route lol
What kind of parkings did you get tested on?~
I'm not quite sure if I'm ready for the test..
ARGHH...
I hope I pass XDD

CieL

HSC
I did the DART liek............ 2.5yrs ago lol

I did a kerbside parking behind one car.

Think that was it.. don't remember much..

You'll be fine. Why don't you think you're ready?

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
I did the DART at Hornsby last year, twice - once round the Hornsby Hospital sort of area, and the other around Asquith.

Know: curbside stop, reverse park, 3-point turn, correct stop-sign and roundabout behaviour. I failed my first because I went at a stop sign when I shouldn't've.

CieL

HSC
Also know: Hill start. I got tested on that on a steepish incline.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
STOP SIGN LEAVING THE RTA. COME TO A COMPLETE STOP.

Fucking cunts...

"You're a fantastic driver Daniel, but you failed to stop at a stop sign"

"......No I didn't."

"The one leaving the driveway."

"..."

kikidesu

HSC
CieL said:
I did the DART liek............ 2.5yrs ago lol

I did a kerbside parking behind one car.

Think that was it.. don't remember much..

You'll be fine. Why don't you think you're ready?
Dunno.. just doesn't feel right yet?
I just drive fine.. like on the roads..
just parking?.. maybe not confident enough..

Jess007

HSC
yeh...hillstarts and reverse parks and 3 point turns, they only do 1 of those now!!

my hill that i had to do the hilstart on was barely a hill.. it was pretty much straight...my reverse park went ok... 3 point turn, yeh, easy

but i stalled after he got out of the car he told me to drive further up the kerb, so i did and took my foot off the clutch beforei turned the car off .... funniest thing, my driver instructor just laughed and walked inside....

ull be fine though!!!

CieL

HSC
kikidesu said:
just parking?.. maybe not confident enough..
Just do them again and again.

When I was learning how to park, I parked behind/alongside/in front/everywhere around one car over and over again.

If first time wasn't satisfactory, I'd pull out and figure out what I was doing wrong or how I could do it better.

Before my DART, I parked behind a random car on the street about 5 times.. pull out, find another car, repeat procedure.. people must of thought I was loony but I wanted to make sure that I only need to reverse once to get into the spot.

When it was my time to do the DART, my reverse park was perfect. I reversed once and was 10cm from the kerb, and I was close enough that I didnt even need to go forward.

This is also exactly what I do when I teach my friends how to park. I make them do it over n over and ask them what they need to do to improve.

CieL

HSC
So the new DART only assesses you on either hillstart OR reverse park OR 3 point turns?

If so, wtf do you do for the other half an hour?

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
CieL said:
So the new DART only assesses you on either hillstart OR reverse park OR 3 point turns?

If so, wtf do you do for the other half an hour?
Drive lol. My test was like at least 20 mins of driving around wetherill park.

I'm fairly sure I was tested by the biggest prick the RTA has.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)