Hornsby Girls HS 2001 Trial (1 Viewer)

philbert_frog

Has anyone done the HGHS 2001 Trial paper?

If so, can you please explain how you did question 4a)(i)? I've checked the solutions sheets, but it doesn't help at all.

Here are the links to the paper and solutions

Thanks in advance!

the great one

i dunno they say that the bottom line =0.6 according to the answers and i wouldn't have the slightest of a clue how they got that

Morgues

i can see how they got it but its bloody hard to explain in words but hopefully you can visualise it

the way i did it is move the 0.6 line up through the trapezium until the bottom bit meets with the X line we are supposed to find

this gives you a little right angled triangle with sides of 0.6 and X, using angles between parallel lines you can find out that the top angle is 75 degrees therefore the 3rd angle must be 180-75=15

then you just apply the cos15=(adjacent/hypotenuse)

There are probably other ways of doing it

philbert_frog

Yeah thanks again Morgues!

I worked it out just after posting it on the forum...I did it exactly that way too.

My problem was that I thought that both ends of the trapezium were x (if that makes sense) and therefore I kept on getting sinx=0.6/x but now its all cleared up.

Have you got any idea on q10 c) ???

Its got me completely stumped, but then again the final question of the paper is designed to do that!

philbert_frog

I'm going to tomorrow I think...along with some other ones from this paper...

How many of the past HSC's have u done Pat??

philbert_frog

Lol!

I've got the answers, they are on the site [use the link above] yet they are illegible and don't make any sense to me anyway!

Morgues

they treat each column as a GP and get the limiting sum of each column........then they add it up altogether to get the total limiting sum it approaches
they just simplify it from there on (which still requires a fair bit of work)

i had no idea by just looking at the question though........thats how i interpreted the answers

HSC
N/A
how the heck are HGHS Past Papers getting out?!?!

-a very confused 2004 HGHS student who knows that teachers at HGHS lock away precious papers with diamond bolts-

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)