Horse riding (1 Viewer)

MissMadiD

HSC
Are there any other horse riders on this forum?

What do you do?
Do you own a horse?
Favorite breed?

Anything, just want to know if your out there :wave:

Nickonaa

HSC
heyys :) i do horse riding at this riding ranch called Scenic Hills :) its awesome.
& my fave breed of horse is a halflinger or thoroughbred ;D hehe. i do trail riding for fun with friends on school holidays :D

mrs-jonas

HSC
heyys :) i do horse riding at this riding ranch called Scenic Hills :) its awesome.
& my fave breed of horse is a halflinger or thoroughbred ;D hehe. i do trail riding for fun with friends on school holidays :D
hey :) i ride horses too, i have my own. he's a quarter horse. he's awesome. i noticed your pic, do you like nick jonas????

Last edited:

Manda-Jean

HSC
Hey :)
I ride got two of my own live on a property.
Mostly dresage but i do a fair few odes's too.
Got a 14.3 pinto and a 16.1 TB.
Been riding for 10 years. :)
had horses of my own since i was 8 and im 17 now :)

imsopostmodern

cool as a kuhncumber
HSC
been riding for around 6 years now. competitively for 5.5 but i took from sept 07-may 09 off due to a riding accident.

mostly do dressage/flatwork. compete in dressage - been to, and won, state as an ungraded rider.

used to do gymkhana/mounted games events (see barrel race warm up above) and won state 3 times (you can find my name on various trophies at the easter show)

dont own my own horse, and atm have no preferred breed. used to ride with a club, but now privately.

Manda-Jean

HSC
Looking good :) love the pally :)
This is me and my tb mare curently doing elem/med :)

imsopostmodern

cool as a kuhncumber
HSC
nice!

i really dont like the pally tbh, he was the one that threw me and made me take 18 months off. we just never really got along.

roughly where are you located?

Manda-Jean

HSC
Aww really i had a bad fall few years ago now broke ribs and arms had to have quite awhile off too so i know where your coming from!! sucks!

And ah central west NSW. bout 3-4 from syd.
You?

imsopostmodern

cool as a kuhncumber
HSC
broken ribs are nothing m'dear :p but yeah, just about everyone comes off at some point.

i come from the city, but currently ride in semi rural areas around 1-1.5 hours from the city. most of the comps i used to do were out at SIEC. cant believe i've been off the comp circuit since the start of 07! (it was the first comp of the season that i came off) looking at doing some basic dressage stuff again in a few months but it takes so long to get back to the same standard after so long off and the weather's been rather bad around here, so i havent been riding much.

Manda-Jean

HSC
yep i know what you mean about getting back into it.
But aww really thats heaps long!
But good luck with it all when u have a go again. :)

lala2

Banned
HSC
I did a handful of lessons when I was really young, like year 6 or something, but that was overseas. Do you know of anywhere where I could learn to ride on a casual basis? Basically I have nothing, no riding boots or helmets or anything so somewhere that leases stuff out like that would be good.

imsopostmodern

cool as a kuhncumber
HSC
there's a heap of places in the terry hills area, if you're prepared to go out that far (probs about 45mins/1hr for you)

or there's centennial park (though i wouldnt necessarily recommend from what i've heard of friends who ride there)

i'd probably look up the yellow pages and then call up places you're interested in

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
In Terry Hills, Jill Severn is great for proper lessons. Samurai riding school is terrible, please don't go there, they treat their horses and staff like garbage. Green Fields riding school is a bit better and Palomino is good, or it used to be, i haven't been there in ages. In Ingleside theres Shelby, which is pretty bad and another really good riding school... i forget what its called though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)