hospitality management at tafe (1 Viewer)

bumbo_hippo

HSC
hi...
i was jus wonder...welz..more like me getting a heads up...on hospitality management...if anyone has done it!
wat exactly do u do?
my friend did hospitality at ryde during yr 12...he had to like make beds and stuff...
is dat wat i gotta do for hospitality management?

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
i do it,
thats just one section if u choose it
an it's a dead set bludge if u do choose that one
i hate hospitality tho so eyah

bumbo_hippo

HSC
ermm ok..
i thought it was a full course?
datz wat it said online and in da tafe handbook thingy...
buh o welz..i haven't decided wat i wanna do yet~

HSC
bumbo_hippo said:
ermm ok..
i thought it was a full course?
datz wat it said online and in da tafe handbook thingy...
buh o welz..i haven't decided wat i wanna do yet~

Im doing advanced diploma of hospitality management.. and it is a full course. It covers eveything from making beds to financial transactions and employees wages.
First sememster is bull shit easy, but then it does get VERY involved. 2nf year is completely theoru and assignments.. no prac whatsoever..

Its a good course but definately one of the harder ones at TAFE. If u want a blude one do a cert 2 in comerical cookery or something

Last edited:
HSC
bumbo_hippo said:
ermm ok...
hmm...sigh.....sigh...i dun wanna go to skool anymore~~~~
lol shit sorry.. i just realised u coulndt work out what I typed. oops!

basically if u want an easy course, i suggest sumthing like commercial cookery rather than management

bumbo_hippo

HSC
welz..im thinking of doin legal admin now...
hmm....since mom realli dun wanna let me do hospitality...
and...yea wateva~~

got nothing to do anywayz....so mite as well jus pick some random crap....

HSC
Without Wings said:
commercial cookery may not have as much theory as hotel management, but it doesnt make it easier. Most ppl who do commercial cookery are apprentice chefs, and there is nothing easy about working 12hours a day 5-6 days a week, and then going to tafe the other day - then also sometimes having to work after tafe, therefore working all day from 8am - 12pm - all this for a very low wage, of something like $7.50 an hour for first year.

People who do commercial cookery arent lazy ppl who chose it to bludge, they are dedicated ppl who want to be chefs and are working long hours for low wages to get there.
oh i didnt mean it like that... sorry . I understand that they work hard. what i meant was like if u want less theory work. i should have clarified it more... sorry. But to be fair to management, the majority of us are also at tafe full time plus working and are also working 7 days a week, up to 18 hours a day.
anyways sorry if i offended anyone it wasnt intentional

HSC
Without Wings said:
I didnt mean to have a go at you, as if you knew nothing sorry. i just wasnt sure you, and others realised that cooking, isnt just about cooking all day - easy work. Commercial cookery course is about 1/3 theory, 2/3 practical at TAFE, and then if you are doing it as an apprenticeship, all your practical experience you get from the workplace :)
I see what you mean now, that it is easier, in the perspective that there is less theory work, if that is what you find to be difficult. :)
Anyways bumpo hippo- you can take all that info into consideration

yeah its all good. I realise they work bloody hard and the majority of them work well. I was just trying to point out to her that if she wanted an "easier" course then not to do management cause it is one of the hardest courses in the industry.

lol so anyways i hope u know what i mean, im not tryin to diss chefs or anything :)

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
which tafe u guys at, i'm at ryde atm sitting on the computer rooms bored off my fucking arse cause it's a shit as course.

ryde tafe lick's the hairy ball sack

HSC
bowman said:
which tafe u guys at, i'm at ryde atm sitting on the computer rooms bored off my fucking arse cause it's a shit as course.

I think u must be doing a different course to me, bowman! cuz mine is pretty full on... not at the moment but next year it will be. but im doing the advanced diploma so it might be diff to urs!

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
bowman said:

LOL
hear hear

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
the advanced dip is the same as the normal one, except u go for an extra semester

but fucking hell isnt this shit boring? i mean 90% of it is fucking common sence

HSC
bowman said:
the advanced dip is the same as the normal one, except u go for an extra semester

but fucking hell isnt this shit boring? i mean 90% of it is fucking common sence

lol well yeh. but i never worked a minute in high school so now i have to get used to the fact that i have to do some work. I fukcing hae restaurant though. omg gay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)