Hospitality UAI (1 Viewer)

classact

HSC
Does Hospitality bring down your UAI or put it up ? I do 12 Units, is it true only 10 count towards UAI

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC
classact said:
Does Hospitality bring down your UAI or put it up ? I do 12 Units, is it true only 10 count towards UAI
I don't know about hospitality... but yes only your best 10 subjects (after scaling and such) will count towards your UAI.

HSC
it does count, but your internal mark doesn't count at all .. i got like 90s all year in hospitality exams etc, then the hsc exam was complete bullshit and i got like a band 4 and that was my entire mark, i was pretty pissed.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
You can't look at one subject as having the power to "bring down your UAI or put it up". It all depends on how well you personally do in the subject. If you get 90 in Hospitality it may not have the same weighting as 90 in chemistry, however a good mark would certainly assist in getting a good UAI. Similarly, if you do bad in the subject it will negatively impact your UAI mark.

HSC
ari89 said:
however a good mark would certainly assist in getting a good UAI. Similarly, if you do bad in the subject it will negatively impact your UAI mark.
thank you for your insight, captain obvious

muselara

Melb Uni
HSC
katie, its probably cause (maybe) your teacher marked you a lot easier than the board of studies does for hospo.
because it is such an easy subject, your answers have to be really precise and cover everything.
i got a band 6 in hospitality, and i believe this helped my uai a lot. i ended up getting 92.65.
so yeah, just a thought.
i'm glad my teachers pumped that into us or i may not be where i am today!

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
katietheskatie said:
thank you for your insight, captain obvious
It was a noob question...sounded like they needed a bit of spoon feeding (or an actual answer to the question) :)

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
vg_woz_here said:
i came top 10 in the state in the exam!! so it definately did bring my uai up.
congratulations :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)