Hot Models Thread (1 Viewer)

arrested development
HSC
Always said:
No, my obsession with models is just beyond insane.

More pictures of Hana:

(ignore the tacky Dolce & Gabbana)
Where did her thighs go? ;__ ;

arrested development
HSC
I can't ever finds models very attractive because they have no substance... they're just like these perfect 2D objects, if you get what I mean? Like, they're quite vapid and hollow, and they don't DO anything other than pose and walk. :\

HSC
exactly, their entire lives are based around how they look. they don't write, they don't play music, they don't act .. fuck, what a useless existence.

arrested development
HSC
Hahaha yeah. Although, there are a few models that have done other stuff too... but they were those REAL supermodels from the 90's. I liked all of them. They had a really powerful vibe. But these weak, pathetic little alien things that strut along catwalks now are so uninspiring.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
When will women start getting real jobs? And for that matter a hobby other than looks?

arrested development
HSC
bshoc said:
Yes .. nobody who models is a man, look at it as sort of a forfiet of manhood.
Well then, in that case, I'd like to say that the same rule applies to women. :)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
katietheskatie said:
gemma ward has creepy eyes .. i honestly don't think most model girls are that attractive.
totally agree...i really don't know of anyone normal who thinks someone around six feet tall weighing around 35 kilos with a creepy drugged out insect face is attractive...and that doesnt just apply to gemma ward, although if she put some weight on she could be very pretty. also some of them have really pretty faces, and then you see their bodies...or they have really awesome hair from the back and then they turn around. i think if models are aiming to be attractive they need to be reasonably normal looking everywhere....like that hana girl - such a pretty face, but such weird legs that take ur attention away from there.

Always

HSC
I don't understand why models are being so criticised.

Modelling is just like any other career choice, you use your greatest strengths to do something that is the most suitable and will generate the highest income. For models, their strength just happens to be their looks and if that's going to give them a steady income, then there's nothing wrong with it. You do what you do best.

Many models are from south-east/east europe; countries where a good proportion of the population still live in poverty. Most girls are poor and uneducated, and have no real career prospects. They are not intelligent, they were not given the chance to be. If modelling is a means of escaping the poverty trap, not to mention all the other acts of violence against women in their country, then I can only see it as a positive thing. For these girls, modelling is not a mundane existence. At least it is an existence.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
Australian Models:
Annika

Aurore Malaterre

Vanessa Perron

I agree with Always, i really dont see whats wrong with Modelling. In fact, many models arent as stupid as stereotyped and they make ALOT of money. Most are smart and invest their money and dont solely rely on their modelling. Some are successful students, etc. I dont see whats wrong with using your attractiveness to make money and establish yourself a career to fall on.

And girls with weird features like Gemma Ward are more sort after than conventional looking girls. I think its the fact they look different to themajority that makes them successful. Conventional looking models are so boring now.

arrested development
HSC
Always said:
I don't understand why models are being so criticised.

Modelling is just like any other career choice, you use your greatest strengths to do something that is the most suitable and will generate the highest income. For models, their strength just happens to be their looks and if that's going to give them a steady income, then there's nothing wrong with it. You do what you do best.

Many models are from south-east/east europe; countries where a good proportion of the population still live in poverty. Most girls are poor and uneducated, and have no real career prospects. They are not intelligent, they were not given the chance to be. If modelling is a means of escaping the poverty trap, not to mention all the other acts of violence against women in their country, then I can only see it as a positive thing. For these girls, modelling is not a mundane existence. At least it is an existence.
It's not the models themselves whom I have issues with, but more so the fact that they are put upon a pedestal and hero-worshipped simply for being beautiful. I think it's a telling sign of where we, as a society, are heading when a gawky, emaciated teenager earns several times the amount of money that someone like a teacher does.

There is also something highly perverted and sick about the way in which models are becoming increasingly younger, and are being sexualised and, in my opinion, exploited. Why are there 14/15/16 year old girls modelling women's clothes and posing for editorials in positions that simulate sex? I find that somewhat disturbing.

Gah. I could go on forever about this. Basically I think that the fashion industry, along with the way in which people treat and view models, projects a lot of negative ideas onto society and is counter-productive in regard to many things (e.g. feminist ideals, body acceptance, reinforcing positive role models for young women, etc etc.)

But good on the models for making themselves some money or whatever.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
And the way we start things with 1 means the phallic dimensions of the male patriarchal overdoom is causing women everywhere death and pain! Lets revolt and throw off these patriarchal shackles which have bound our hairy armpits for so long, no longer shall we bear children nor wear bras, burn them both! We want equality!

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i dont really like lily cole, or donaldson for that matter.
jessica stam is a cutie though. she has that something...

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
Last edited:

arrested development
HSC
Always said:
Most of these girls are flat chested and thin to the bone... sexy?
That's precisely what is so disturbing about it. Gemma Ward has the figure of a little girl, yet she IS presented in a sexual manner (that CK Obsession ad where she is naked, the editorial in the December 2005 Australian Vogue where she was naked and straddling a male... then there was that early job she did before she became very famous where she was getting all sexy and scantily-clad with a boy in a photoshoot [keep in mind, she would have been maybe 14 at the time])

Can nobody else see how wrong this is??? :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)