Hot or not: Nissan 350Z (Fairlady Z33) (1 Viewer)

Nissan 350z... Hot or not?

• Hot

Votes: 15 65.2%
  • Not

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Huh?

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Just wondering what you guys thought of it.

At first I thought looked weird.. very overpriced... not good. Then after seeing a few around, and of course, Tokyo Drift... impression has improved alot.

According to Wheels... new engine coming out for the 350z this year. What surprises me though is apparently it's like $36k* in Japan (after conversion to AUD) whereas the price in Aussie dealers is $70k! What a markup those marketing gurus do >__>

* Not sure if I read the article correctly; can't remember exactly!

Pace_T

HSC
4 tht price i reckon its not hot. looks good if thts wat ur saying but not stock, only like in the 2nd n 3rd pix. its just 2 much for a jap car

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
that car isheaps old why are you only making this thread now you may as well make a thread asking people what they think of the penny farthing

lengy

HSC
The original 350Z was alright, though I would've had the Nissan insignia removed from the bonnet an a subtle front spoiler would have made it truly hot especially in black but the new one that's going to be released with the new V6 engine, with raised bonnet and alter tail lights destroys the look of it.

CieL

HSC
"Not"

Never liked that car.. even when it first came out.. thought it resembled too much like a peanut..

For $70k I can get something much better. And it aint going to be some Nissan.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
breaking said:
that car isheaps old why are you only making this thread now you may as well make a thread asking people what they think of the penny farthing
New engine might make it more attractive preposition... that and the design has grown on me a bit after seeing it on the streets (and done up in movies/RL) more.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
With the old posts back up, I thought it was time for a thread revival to see what people think of the 350z now that it's a much more affordable preposition in the circa $30k price range.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
The engine is fantastic (have driven and like it very much), but would obviously prefer 370z if I had the $$.

Circa $30k - $40k price range is probably what it should have been initially priced tbh.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
The engine is fantastic (have driven and like it very much), but would obviously prefer 370z if I had the $$.

Circa $30k - $40k price range is probably what it should have been initially priced tbh.
I think they wanted a bit of a premium since at the time it was Nissan's hero car and whilst not necessarily a direct competitor, it was going after the BMW z3/z4, Audi TT, etc.. sort of crowd. Agreed it's a great car with great presence. Can't find the thread on BoS anymore but my cousin had a very nicely done up 350z and it attracted a lot of looks everywhere but it also had the balls to go hard.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
I think they wanted a bit of a premium since at the time it was Nissan's hero car and whilst not necessarily a direct competitor, it was going after the BMW z3/z4, Audi TT, etc.. sort of crowd. Agreed it's a great car with great presence. Can't find the thread on BoS anymore but my cousin had a very nicely done up 350z and it attracted a lot of looks everywhere but it also had the balls to go hard.
The one I drove had a Fujita (I think) Cold Air Intake system and a very light exhaust (nothing too deep or droney). It sounded absolutely fantastic - like something way above its price tag. They're under rated cars IMO. Just wish it was more than a two seater to be honest.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I guess if you wanted more than a 2 seater, you could go for the 350GT which had kindof a back seat.

Back on to this 350z topic, I'm very tempted to buy one for kicks. It's late, I'm sitting in the office, and I feel like spending money. They start at around $25k with around 130,000km's... or $15k if you want one with 470,000km!! http://cgi.ebay.com.au/_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ260788466599

Or alternatively if I splurge a bit and get a 370z they start around low 50's for a used one (although I know I can get a new one for mid 60's... hmm).

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
370 makes me drool in my sleep dreaming about it.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
I just wish it wasn't a two seater (practically speaking).

Optimus Prime

Electric Beats
Wherevr sentient beings are being mistreated
HSC
I just wish it wasn't a two seater (practically speaking).
Meh, sports cars are for fun, buy a civic or rolla for daily driving. I reckon it's still too heavy but Zs always have been. My uncle has a convertible 350z and it was cool the ease of which you could make the back kick out but even at legal speeds on a twisty road its weight is noticeable. Much prefer my dad's car (NB MX-5) from a purely driving point of view.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)