hours per week? (1 Viewer)

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
hey all,

i'm just wondering how many hours of class time i'm gonna be doing next year if i was in a commerce or an e-business course?

also how many hours of at home study is recommended per week? about 3-4 per subject, is one i've heard?

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
It very much depends on your timetable, which you can construct now. Just visit the MQ website, find out what subjects you have to do (Core units) and decide what else you want to do (Elective units), then construct your timetable. Having said that, I think you should expect something between 14 to 18 per week, which includes lectures, tutorials and practicals.

The 'rule of thumb' is a total of 3 to 4 hours in total per credit point per week including hours spent at uni in lectures, etc. So the uni expects about 6 to 8 hours of home study per unit. However, that's far too many hours unless you are aiming high. 3 to 4 hours seems more than enough, depending on your ability to cram for the final examinations.

Last edited:

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
you should investigate, and line up the times so you can potentially take days off... by skipping sessions... unfortunately, i can't do that ><

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
no, i can't... i have 5 days and then 4 days... it's alright tho...

lol, 10 hours in two days eh?

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
hey how many hours does a math class take up?
i'm referring to math130 and math 135.
is it just lectures and tutes?

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
130: 5/6 hours (4 lecture, 1 tutorial, 0/1 practical)
135: 6 hours (4 lecture, 1 tutorial, 1 practical)

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
thanks flyin'...
what exactly do you do in the math prac??

anyways, i just finished first year of the b. comp sci and tech at usyd and i got an offer of b. info tech at macq... i'm stuck, i don't know what to do!!

do you think i would be allowed to be enrolled at 2 different uni's?

i mean cuz i don't want to un-enrol from usyd just yet, i want to have a trial run of the macq IT course..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)