How And Where Do You Study? (1 Viewer)

hollybox

HSC
I lie in bed surrounded by sheets of paper and highlighters. When I get tired I sleep for a while then wake up and continue. I also chain tea (like chain smoking but with tea)

HSC
I can't study on my bed. I fall asleep way too easily. I have to sit at my desk to be effective, walking around the house with notes is good too.

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
Sit at my desk in front of my mirror. Highlighters and pens and paper surrounding me. Summary sheets with quotes and lists and timelines sticky taped all over the walls. And a nice little neat folder with my notes XD

I do it dot-point by dot-point. It feels so good when you can cross another one off the syllabus.

hollybox

HSC
I Told You

you know I TOLD YOU about the chicken thing and I'm not taking my time I don't have MSN but I will soon...

cataleptic

HSC
It depends on the subject, bu tI do it all lying on my bed. It's the most spacious place - my desk is full of computer, and the kitchen table has a canary cage is close proximity and is REALLY LOUD so is not a good place to study at.

For maths I do the chapter reviews, identify weak areas then work on them, and do past exams.

For english and society and culture I make summaries, do practise essays and yeah, all the general stuff that goes with it. Make sure I can satisfy syllabus requirements.

For bio I use the syllabus, make summaries accordingle then do as many questions and exams as I can.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Too much Modern isn't good for you ;)

I study in front of my computer (not recommended) or on my bed, highlighting stuff.

Valeroso

HSC
I study on my desk - with NO music and the television must not be on. I find that its highly effective and always works for me. :)

skp_grl

HSC
i have my own study out the back. its got a huge desk a seperate desk for my computer and all that. its got 2 cupboards, a bookshelf and two lounge chairs.
i
m pretty secluded from the rest of my family so its good in that way

im pretty lucky in this sense i have heaps of room to spread out and my sleeping area is a completely separate area hence at night i can escape my study lol

HSC
studying methods

sometimes if there's no immediate exam tomorrow, i just can't get the motivation to study.

How diya get yourself studying again?

I study on my desk, on my bed, with my stuff spread on one half of my bed, especially for english. Usually I'm
reading the notes,
writing and condensing them on palm cards,
trying to memorise the key stuff.

For maths, I do past papers under exam conditions and nail down the areas i'm weak at by doing extra exercises

For sciences, I do notes (going to do palm cards for them now) and have the syllabus at hand, with the past papers.
The syllabus is good for picking out the questions based on the knowledge, while the past HSC papers are good for the format of the question for practical or search-for-knowledge based points in the syllabus.

I'm a visual learner, so I like to draw pictures and visualise them in my brain for easier absorption. Highlighting also helps.
I know some others who tape their notes and listen to their tape while going on doing other stuff.

When bored, I go around snacking, day dream a bit, or change slightly the place I study.
I find changing places to quiet library study rooms, school empty classrooms, a breezy spot in a quiet area in a park, all help.

A lil bit of snack/drink helps, but I always get up from my desk for the snack. If I take the snack to my study spot I tend to binge (don't you??). Just a tip for avoiding too much temptation.

I heard that sticky post-it notes or mind maps on somewhere promenient helps to recall facts. I'm never tried it yet, but soon lots of post-its and mind maps are going up on my walls.

:D

Last edited:

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
hollybox said:
I lie in bed surrounded by sheets of paper and highlighters. When I get tired I sleep for a while then wake up and continue. I also chain tea (like chain smoking but with tea)
Ahahaha, I'm a tea fan myself.

I study on my desk (next to computer which goes off), and before maths tutoring I've been studying at a cafe that has tea/coffee et cetera.

iSam

HSC
Generally, at my desk. It has a great view out over paddocks and mountains and stuff. Especially at sunset - except that often distracts me.

Sometimes I'll play some classical music in the background really quietly. Nothing heavy. Sounds weird, but that often helps me to concentrate in subjects like maths where it's all numbers and stuff. Not so much in English and the Sciences.

I'll also study out on our verandah, our front lawn or go down to a park and find a really quiet spot. Only if it's good weather though.

I also like using pictures and video when I study. Apparently I'm a visual learner, so I'll find documentaries, photos and diagrams for History and Science.

Making mum or my brother listen to me while a recite notes is also helpful. Especially dates and stuff in History.

Food and water. I have to eat and drink before I'll sit down and study, otherwise I'll be put off by even the slightest feeling of hunger.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)