How are 08's finding their Preliminary Year? (1 Viewer)

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
Ah why is that I have compulsary sport? And the teachers keep saying that it's BOS regulations .. but i love sport but yeah, unfair?

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
yeah, but like it's a real bitch if you don't go 'cos you get those N awards and the teachers make a HUGEEEEEEEE deal about em.

Plus it's alot more fun now that we're in senior years though. We actually get to pick the sport we want to do and we're all serious about playing which is really mad 'cos you don't have those lazy bastards who do jackall.

loveCLARA

HSC
haha , most time flying year EVERRRRR ( no , not because the prelim year has three terms overall ) haha , and may i add most controversial . The exams are crazy and assignments >_>" . overwhemling . garr <_<.

Haha , i seriously look forward to the HSC year . (hint sarcasm) Hell number two

wootwt

HSC
All the frees are good - 11 per week next term ?? :rofl:
But yah, it's just a stepping stone to year 12 - HSC - graduation

E

Elenessa

Actually, I love prelim! Nothing actually counts for the hsc! The hsc is approaching too soon

Le3sah

HSC
sle3pe3bumz said:
cos you don't have those lazy bastards who do jackall.
:uhoh::uhoh::uhoh:

This years been tough...perhaps It's because I didn't try hard enough?
I can't wait to drop ext maths next term though :)

I'm excited to start year 12!

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I'm excited to start year 12!
Me too in some ways. It wasn't until I heard that since I'll be doing two extensions, classes will probabaly be at 8am in the morning and 4pm in the afternoon T-T

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Haha, got it today. Notes look crash-hot.

Scary that that we're going to start the HSC in four weeks time now. :/

bleu

HSC
noir. said:
your first term of year 12 is going to be the easiest term of your life.
Hey, noir, or any other 07's who happen to pass by, is there any importance attached to the prelim yearlies at all?
Apart from the obvious disappointment, disatisfaction and frustration in your self, AND at your peers because they did better than you, are there any real disadvantages about not doing heaps well in them?

Just that i've been a bit slack these last 2 weeks, not studying as much as i should have for the exams. :)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
bleu said:
Hey, noir, or any other 07's who happen to pass by, is there any importance attached to the prelim yearlies at all?
Apart from the obvious disappointment, disatisfaction and frustration in your self, AND at your peers because they did better than you, are there any real disadvantages about not doing heaps well in them?

Just that i've been a bit slack these last 2 weeks, not studying as much as i should have for the exams. :)
Helps you give an indication of the areas of improvement in studying and time management for next year

Haecce

HSC
Vastly preferable to Year 10... yes, there was a certain joy in spending four periods a week doing the dance of "I'm not doing maths next year" but it is nothing compared to actually not having to do maths... or science... or geography... or PDHPE. The down side to that of course, is that I am filled with stabs of disappointment when confronted with all of my marks now, rather than only a few.

The happiest day came a couple of weeks ago, when the slackers were presented with the news that they were not going to pass their Preliminary Year and made leave.

Yamini

HSC
prelim was alrite....

3 ouuta 5

so stressing at times... even worse i was doin on of my hsc subjects this year (2 unit maths) so like the timeing of everything was shite..totes prefer it over year ten tho...

ausdancer

HSC
prelim is alright i guess. no major dramas for me. i'm not a stress head which is good for me. my prelim exams start tomorrow with english. i'm not really worried right now. the only thing i'm freaking out about is HSC Dance *yikes*

mudcake42

HSC
Yeh year 11 was alrite actually. not many stressful times ... this year has taught me how to manage stress.

DaveYoung

Awesome
HSC
Prelim has been pretty easy. Except with Software Design, which I am failing badly, but thats because I gave up on it because our teacher doesn't teach. Also English Advanced is pretty hard because I think analysing texts is dumb (ruins the stories), but at least the texts we're doing next year are actually good.

shayla

HSC
im scared shitless of going into Yr 12, my tutors (English/Mod Hist and Maths) say that it is going to be difficult, that is what my english/mod hist tutor said but thankfully he didnt say it was impossible so i am hoping that it wont be that scary......

MeOverYou

Banned
HSC
noir. said:
estimates have nothing to do with how well you'll go in year 12.
Prelims mean nothing and have no impact in determining your HSC marks and UAI.
Cutiepie speaks the truth.

MeOverYou

Banned
HSC
flier higher said:
sure, of course - though, note that i didn't say the prelims had anything to do with 'how well you'll go in year 12'; but you just overlooked the other point.

don't uai estimates get used by your school to deteermine first-round interviews, though? (i know it doesn't really matter, seeing as unis care about what you actually get.)
UAI estimates from Year bloody 12.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)