how are people studying for sdd?? (1 Viewer)

Interdrama

#wang
HSC
SDD is horrible, especially the paradigms, OH THE PARADIGMS!
But it's okay for me because SDD is the only thing I'm studying for.
Accelerated win.

x_symphonic

HSC
I'm just studying the textbook, esp algorithms and paradigms. And im just planning to do the last 3 years of hsc papers. :)

HSC
I'm consistently going through algorithms + binary and i'm writing up summary notes for social and ethical + others relevant to theory.

Fluorescent

Banned
HSC
Software? I haven't even picked up a book for it yet.... D:
But usually when I study for it I just use flash cards and also go over past papers. Sometimes I read entire chapters of books but I only do that when I am in concentration mode (rare)

HSC
Software is extremely hard for some reason, but I've got a feeling the HSC papers are getting easier each year.

And it scales terribly also, what marks has everyone been getting in the exams?
I got 71% for the Trial (Independent paper), and that was the highest in the class. The average was in the 40's.

Does anyone know what that'd scale to?

As for studying, I just do the past papers, skipping most of the long algorithm questions (coz theyre so hard).

Anyone from previous years have any advice as to what to do for SDD?

mzcricket48

HSC
what scares me the most is i got chem software and physics consectutive days...i got 57 for my trial lol i dont think i was taught properly ( out of wilson textbook) and finding it hard because i write 1 sentence and the answer has 5 paragraphs :S

HSC
yea im in the same position got chem on the 2nd, then software on the 3rd. some of my friends do chem, physics and sdd. 3 exams 3 days in a row...

mattoxxxxx

HSC
N/A
i got 26% on my trial, In my class came 4th in the trial.

But i'm first in the rankings....lols I don;t know how that happened.

joshhunt

HSC
Well, I am very confident for the majority of the course (1st ranked 2nd in the trials by getting 85% without any study and VERY MINIMAL classwork), it's mainly the binary arithmetic and the Hex > Oct > Binary stuff that confuses me a bit, so I have been working on them

Oh, and I don't really know the sorting algorithms that well (apart from bubble and linear), so I will need to take another look at them. I know how they work, but I'm just not so confident in writing down an algorithm for it under pressure

greatgreeks2

HSC
i got 70% in independant trial and i cam 3rd in my class but overal first. top mark was 80%

Fluorescent

Banned
HSC
I'm so suprised SDD doesn't scale good because the majority of people I know fail :p

I came 3rd in the last exam with 63 percent, the highest was 75 lol....

Handmedown

HSC
1st with 91% independant trial.

I think the most important thing is practice exams, as pretty much every question in the exam is skills based (excluding multiple choice) - so applying the content will be the key to a good mark.

Chase Collins

HSC
Sooooo!! Past papers huh? I'll do some tonight, I know guys who can read algorithms like English and I'm sitting there struggling to do a desk check :(

Fluorescent

Banned
HSC
Sooooo!! Past papers huh? I'll do some tonight, I know guys who can read algorithms like English and I'm sitting there struggling to do a desk check :(
TBH I have trouble with algorithms too

I'm not even sure if I should do CompSci anymore XD

I can't even work out how a flip flop works

IT MAKES NO SENSE

matttayl

matskiez'
HSC
what scares me the most is i got chem software and physics consectutive days...i got 57 for my trial lol i dont think i was taught properly ( out of wilson textbook) and finding it hard because i write 1 sentence and the answer has 5 paragraphs :S
i also feel pain, but less intense, i dont have chem, but having SDD til 5pm, get home and you dont feeling like studying for physics nice and early the next morning :chainsaw:

arman

HSC
yeah, i had chem today... a bit hard..
(edit: SDD>>)i also cannot see why they have so many lines and marks for questions which i can only write a few words for.

somehow i ranked first with 20 marks ahead and i havn't learnt what a 'paradigm' is. lol. any help incase it's in the exam?

Last edited:

psykotic

HSC
Yay for me SDD is my last exam and i reckon it will be my worst by far...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)