How are they marked? (1 Viewer)

jessi90

HSC
Are they marked two times by different HSC markers and then you get the average of the two marks? Anyone know if they mark easier/harder than school teachers?

Cob-was-here

HSC
Yes, double marked, you get an average. As for how well they mark you, it depends what your english teacher is like.

BrookSteven

HSC
Cob-was-here said:
Yes, double marked, you get an average. As for how well they mark you, it depends what your english teacher is like.
I heard they are marked 3 times and if the marks are spread out then they take a "special" look at it. There goes that theory then. I was hoping it was that way just in case the marker didn't get all the WWII references in my creative writing.

HSC
Double marked and if there's more than x difference between the marks (4 or so?) then they get a third marker in (who isn't told the range beforehand).

decoil

HSC
BrookSteven said:
and if the marks are spread out then they take a "special" look at it.
That parts correct. I don't know how many times its initially marked though.

jasonml

jay son em el
HSC
Thank god its double marked. my worst nightmare has always been that i might get some dumbarse marker who mentally cant understand a point i'm making. like, they dont have that level of knowledge, so they just mark it down. or doesnt understand what an "air of humour" is (for e.g.)

lol yes, that sounds very arrogant i know.

vmoore

HSC
jasonml said:
Thank god its double marked. my worst nightmare has always been that i might get some dumbarse marker who mentally cant understand a point i'm making. like, they dont have that level of knowledge, so they just mark it down. or doesnt understand what an "air of humour" is (for e.g.)

lol yes, that sounds very arrogant i know.
:eek: you sound like sonyaleeisapixi

Davadale

HSC
veloc1ty said:
Double marked and if there's more than x difference between the marks (4 or so?) then they get a third marker in (who isn't told the range beforehand).
It's a five mark differential.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)