How are we all going? (1 Viewer)

BRegs

HSC
Who's ready...?

Still have things to go over ... just consolidating knowledge. Doing Food Product Development at the moment ...

Last edited:

apples_are_cute

HSC
Uni Grad
How indepth do we have to go for things like AFI or.. the cost of malnutrition-- do we need statistics??

BRegs

HSC
No ... you don't need stats. Stats are advise for the section re: a strategy for group ... EG: for ATSI's (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders), it would be advisable to mention the 17 year age gap in life expectancy between ATSI and non-ATSI female/males ...

I'm going to do pregnant & lactating women (my assessment task from August - score 15/15), so I would mention a few stats about how many women are obese/overweight during pregnancy ... it's around 1/3 I believe. Little stuff like that.

BRegs

HSC
For AFI, there aren't too any sections where stats would work ... possibly for gender issues. I've got one I know quite well ... 59% of retail sector = female .... possibly for economic contribution of AFI. Apart from that, not really ...

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
My teacher told us that you only had to look at the general trends for the AFI, specific stats aren't overly important. For example, we are one of the worlds largest exporters of beef and dairy products.

But then again it's early days for me haha (hsc 2014!)

Good luck guys :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

BRegs

HSC
Decent exam ... I think the questions were tough, but when you considered them within the syllabus dot points they weren't so bad

BRegs

HSC
Which part was the hardest? The preservation question? You just had to link the preservation processes (and the aims of preservation) to Australian health. I linked in my nutrition group (and other nutrition groups - elderly, infants etc.) throughout my response :)

favvify

HSC
Uni Grad
Could have been better, could have been worse. I walked out smiling though, and I quite enjoyed the paper. The last multiple choice had me guessing, but my teacher said that she was pretty sure it was D, which what I chose. Had that meal plan question been a 15 marker, I would have wept from pure joy. As for the last question, I talked about Australia's health from a more of a malnutrition standpoint and threw in a few statistics here and there. I also branched out into some prelim stuff, like how nutrients may be lost in water when boiling vegetables, and how they could be regained if you were to ingest the syrup in a can if the canning method used was conventional canning (as opposed to aseptic). How some salamis and small goods are now being marketed as functional foods, as the salt used is being fortified with iodine; however the salt to matter ratio of 1:1 can lead to conditions such as overnutrition (e.g. hypertension) as well as dehydration which may also cause constipation and cramping.

I think it was a lot better than last year's paper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)