how are you finding the core study on ww1 09-ers? (1 Viewer)

HSC
so i flanked out in yr 11 modern history.

did anyone else find it hard or did u genuienly like it?

and has anyone got any study tips?

and what music get you ticking?

tc
x

ALEX IS OUT <3

mattchis

HSC
Heh i found ww1 really easy - easier then the topics you get in year 12 anyawy (depending on school i suppouse) i did ho chi minh and the vietnam war where i would have prefered germany

I know you want to hear from 09'ers but fuck ya :)

haha year 11 modern history = easy :)

44Ronin

HSC
it's easy and full of free marks.....for example...

Name four features of trench warfare. (4 marks)

HSC
Thanks Mattchis...

its ok thanks for replying...
im finding it easier now...

but i hate history... the only reason i chose it was coz there was no food tech class running for my year, :(

it was modern or chemistry... eek! so i chose this...

so is yr 12 any harder?
what other subjects do you do?

tc

HSC
Easy marks...
hmm i see.
are you still in school?

p.s.
so what garage land are you from??? lol

only joking:p

trevhk

HSC
N/A
I kind of stuffed up Modern History in year 11 too cause i didn't care about it then :(

WW1 is probably the easiest topic so far, although it's very context dense.

I find Modern pretty challenging to be honest, especially when the question states evaluate or assess, I always end up blabbing on :(

0hNivlek

HSC
WW1 is really easy. at the moment i'm finding it easier than my personalities study of J Edgar Hoover lol.

jellybelly59

HSC
WWI is ok. The only real hard thing is having to remember all the historiography so you can regurgitate it in the essay and making an 'impression' on the marker which has so far been impossible for me. Always a bloody 8 / 10 or 9 /10, i feel jipped of my mark because everytime i ask him where i went wrong he says i don't go wrong anywhere but its rather that little impression :mad::mad::mad: rage....!

Kujah

HSC
N/A
WWI is ok. The only real hard thing is having to remember all the historiography so you can regurgitate it in the essay and making an 'impression' on the marker which has so far been impossible for me. Always a bloody 8 / 10 or 9 /10, i feel jipped of my mark because everytime i ask him where i went wrong he says i don't go wrong anywhere but its rather that little impression :mad::mad::mad: rage....!
I don't think historiography plays a major role within WWI but if in doubt, just use the one and only AJP Taylor :D

syekotk

HSC
You don't need historiography to get full marks, it's not on the syllabus anymore. It's useful in supporting your arguement but you can get full marks without it.

History extension is the only place you NEED to know historiography

k2nv

HSC
Oh please. I wish I could drop modern but I can't :( I'm actually currently in modern hahas - the teacher bores me. WW1 doesn't seem to fascinate me. I have no motivation to study..

kelllly

HSC
You don't need historiography to get full marks, it's not on the syllabus anymore. It's useful in supporting your arguement but you can get full marks without it.

History extension is the only place you NEED to know historiography
Mmhmm. It's possible to get full marks without including any historians in your answers. However, if you feel up to it, I'd encourage you to incorporate historiography, especially in your answer to the second question for your personality.

jellybelly59

HSC
Mmhmm. It's possible to get full marks without including any historians in your answers. However, if you feel up to it, I'd encourage you to incorporate historiography, especially in your answer to the second question for your personality.
possible but improbable... if people look at standards packages for the sample responses and b6 answers they all contain forms of historiography.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
possible but improbable... if people look at standards packages for the sample responses and b6 answers they all contain forms of historiography.
Nope lol, unless you count a simple quote or two XD

Check out the BoS high marking responses sample book; no historiography at all!

jellybelly59

HSC
Nope lol, unless you count a simple quote or two XD

Check out the BoS high marking responses sample book; no historiography at all!
lol hahaha that's all the historiography you'll ever be able to fit in a 10 marker anyway.

If only all of us could write like the high mark response - for the average people like me i guess it reinforces to markers that you were able to maintain at least some knowledge in the hsc course :p. I guess what im trying to come across is that historiography is used effectively for top students - if you have it and it's applicable to the response then why the hell not. At least you'll be able to show that you used some knowledge of your own.

Do you definitely need it - no but would it help? i guess so. I'm not saying quote drop but use it to reinforce a point and make your argument stronger, that's why hsc students use it.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
lol hahaha that's all the historiography you'll ever be able to fit in a 10 marker anyway.

If only all of us could write like the high mark response - for the average people like me i guess it reinforces to markers that you were able to maintain at least some knowledge in the hsc course :p. I guess what im trying to come across is that historiography is used effectively for top students - if you have it and it's applicable to the response then why the hell not. At least you'll be able to show that you used some knowledge of your own.

Do you definitely need it - no but would it help? i guess so. I'm not saying quote drop but use it to reinforce a point and make your argument stronger, that's why hsc students use it.
Hehe yeah, but if you can just remember the idea and paraphrase markers actually prefer this is it shows you're not just memorising a quote but are able to identify and explain the idea ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)