How are you gonna get your HSC results? (1 Viewer)

Method of receiving HSC results?

• Internet

Votes: 124 74.3%
  • SMS

Votes: 40 24.0%
  • Phone

Votes: 3 1.8%

• Total voters

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I signed up for SMS but I'll probably use the net too...just that i dont wanna be running around screaming 'the net is down' or 'the site is down' at 6am and have no alternative

screem41

HSC
Receiving your hsc results seems far too...sacred?...to get it by sms lol. It's like a ritual that needs to be done properly

HSC
internet.
i dont trust my mobile not to delete it accidently or even not receive it.
with internet i can choose what time i want to look at my results.
i dont want to have to wait for someone to read my marks out to me by phone either.
i wish we could get them by mail.

Gummy_bear

HSC
It seems that by sms, you only get your full mark and band. Yet by internet you shall get assesment mark, exam mark, HSc mark and band. So, even those getting results by sms will need to go on the net. But, my results by sms will determine WHEN i get these results. If it is good, I will go on straight away, if not, i will buy 4, no, 5 packets of timtams and then go on!

The sms will also determine if i get up all happy at 6, ready for the day, or if i close my curtains and sleep for the rest of the day. lol.

then of course there is the dreaded UAI.

Gummy_bear

HSC
*caramel adele* said:
internet.
i dont trust my mobile not to delete it accidently or even not receive it.
with internet i can choose what time i want to look at my results.
i dont want to have to wait for someone to read my marks out to me by phone either.
i wish we could get them by mail.
We do get results by mail on the 20th. At least thats what it says on the letter i got. Correct me if im wrong.

ghostofme

HSC
na ur right.....mail by 20th

but i dont think i could survive that long

i'll be sitting at the computer with my mobile phone at 6:00am getting results from both those sources

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
i think just the internet for me. screw getting it by SMS. eeek

Dom Dom

HSC
Internet

i got my letter today aswell i think i'll go by the internet, i wouldn't be able to bring myself to delete and sms message with my results in it and going over the phone is just annoying...i'll wait til like 1pm and then go on the net maybe it won't be too jammed...as if! I just want the results so i vote go by the net...

EATAPIE

BMW>>>>Mercedes (see sig)
HSC
physician said:
option 1- By phone: this will be frustrating, having someone read out ur results... No way!

option 2 - sms: I use my phone for emergencies, recieving a message at 6:00 am with my HSC results isnt much of an emegency!... althought i may need medical assistance after i see my results!

option 3 - Internet... this is prolly the best choice

but be warned, especially if u have cable, the marks just pop up right infront of ur face... its freaky, so this year i plan to place a sheet of paper on the screen until it loads, and carefully and slowly slide the paper down the page to view my results one by one!...

but if my first mark is good i'll prolly be too excited and just throw the paper away...
haha, yeh im using the internet. and i'll be covering up the results with a solitaire game or minesweeper or sumthing, and pulling it down slowly to look at my marks one by one.

phone is dumb, and sms is too fast.

EATAPIE

BMW>>>>Mercedes (see sig)
HSC
playboy2njoy said:
I suggest we all do what the 2004 class did last year, and stay up all night until 6am.
hahaha, that's a thought. However, i was thinking of just waking up at about 5am, then goin on to my comp. And, i'll take like an hour to look at my results, because i'll be too nervous to look at them all at once. One at a time, slow and steady...

roadcone

HSC
i'm going to be on schoolies (the cruise), so my plan is to sign up to get them by sms and then when we come back into mobile phone range (apparently last year this occured at approx 2am in the morning) they will pop up to me. i am talking 2am on the morning of the 17th.

CoFFee BreAk

HSC
Definitely the internet. I could get a heart attack when the sound of my cell phone gives me a morning call, and then I notice there's a new sms, notifying me of the results. I'd die right away. Yikes! :D

Libbster

HSC
prob sms because most likely, the internet will be clogged up

Abtari

HSC
physician said:
option 1- By phone: this will be frustrating, having someone read out ur results... No way!

option 2 - sms: I use my phone for emergencies, recieving a message at 6:00 am with my HSC results isnt much of an emegency!... althought i may need medical assistance after i see my results!

option 3 - Internet... this is prolly the best choice

but be warned, especially if u have cable, the marks just pop up right infront of ur face... its freaky, so this year i plan to place a sheet of paper on the screen until it loads, and carefully and slowly slide the paper down the page to view my results one by one!...

but if my first mark is good i'll prolly be too excited and just throw the paper away...
lmao... so true..
as for me, internet... i can just imagine myself hearing this ominous beeping sound only to find like a set of shitty numbers staring straight at my face...
and its so less auspicious...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)