How are you studying for English??? (1 Viewer)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
How are you studying for English? I dont know what to do and my exam is on Monday!!! :eek: AOS Identity, Mod A (critical study of texts) Othello and Mod B (Compartive study) The Great Gatsby and the Talented Mr Ripley... also what questions do u think they will ask 4 critical study???

Also what is a good way to destress during an english exam, because i have been lately stuffing up written exams bcoz i have been freakingf out and writing anything that comes to mind then getting a crap mark!

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
how am i studying for english?!?! i dunno! i think i will just review my texts and maybe write notes on them for study guides ( im naughty, i havent read any of the english texts)

to de stress: just try tell yourself you can do the exam, i know it is corny but that way you will hopefully write calmly and better! i am actually quite freaked about the english exam myself, normally it is one of my favourite subs but this year agghhhh

Venator1

Yeah, just browsing and came across this.

The prelim course focus's on your core texts what ever they may be. The safest thing for you to do is to learn those text's. You will probally get three extended responce questions using 3 different text types (feature article, speech, letter etc).

The main 'themes' shall we say for the exam is:

. Transformations of texts
. Texts and society
. Anyalsis of text

i hope i have been of some help

ttyl

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I'm not studying for English.

Kulazzi

HSC
well, we're just gonna have to do 3 essays within 2 hours on changing perspective, something else to do with poetry and transformation so I just have to memorise mine...

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Well for english i didnt really study that much, the main things i did was- to know my AOS really well and i prepare a essay for section 3 because generally its so broad.

For modules I just learnt the texts fairly well and hoped for the best! Basically i just understood context and setting and the role they played for the comparative module and for critical study i just made notes ect on all of them. It worked for me. Gosh i love the fact that exams r over... :)

>> Lisa <<

HSC
too much to study in soo little time...our school starts the exams on wednesday...and from wed to fri i have eng (x2 exams), religion (2 unit) and business studies :mad: i am trying to just read over everything for eng...hopefully it will work

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
well... my exams start tomorrow... and look at me! im on bos... master procrastinator right here!

-a-s-h-i-

HSC
we have used heaps of specific texts! Just make sure that you know what you are talking about when you waffle..well try! Go over your old texts and stuff..if you got a study guide for english use it

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i think he means no prescribed texts, not specific

go over the rubric, twill help you lots. ask yourself what each dot point is asking you to do and what you need to know.

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
I know we're doing 3 essays and comprehension, so I'm looking over essays I've done before on the texts. Our texts are Alibrandi, Gatsby and Taming of the Shrew/10 Things I hate About You. I should be studying right now, but I'll probably just wing it :D.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
yay my english exam is over! *phew* lets never speak of it again...

Barnation

Little Emo Bitch
HSC
What kinds of questions were in the exam? Mine's on Monday and I'm stressin'!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)