How Are You Studying For French ? (1 Viewer)

miz-taralicious

HSC
grrr, im hating studying at the moment. its wasting my holidays lol, i was just wondering how the rest of you are studying french for the HSC exam? im so glad the speaking is over!

*Baby-K*

HSC
To be dead honest- I am not! I am not studying for French or French Extension until I do my Legal Studies exam then I have 1.5 weeks till French and 1 week till French Extenstion- that's whole 2.5 weeks to study for French only :eek: I'll go crazy!!!
But I am planning to just do compositions, go over vocab, useful expressions etc.
Any tips you want to share?

mandathepanda

HSC
well its my last exam and I have 4.5 days between religion and French so I'll do a bit here and there of listening practice and writing tasks when i have time and then I'm just planning to cram ALOT after religion.

miz-taralicious

HSC
yeh ive got a whole 2 weeks until french lol so ill just study then. well i rekon i will just write down expressions in french and that but the thing i get most stuck on is the bluddy verbs lol..and listening isnt too good either everyone in my class failed that in our trials lol.

Miss Sunshine

HSC
N/A
miz-taralicious said:
grrr, im hating studying at the moment. its wasting my holidays lol, i was just wondering how the rest of you are studying french for the HSC exam? im so glad the speaking is over!
what's the speaking exam like?? Where do you go to complete the exam? Is the examiner hard to understand- does she speak very fast?? If you failed to interpret the question can you ask her to repeat it?? I'll be doing French in my senior years and i want to know more about the subject.

Ruki

-Queen of the Damned-
HSC
Miss Sunshine said:
what's the speaking exam like?? Where do you go to complete the exam? Is the examiner hard to understand- does she speak very fast?? If you failed to interpret the question can you ask her to repeat it?? I'll be doing French in my senior years and i want to know more about the subject.
This year the speaking exam for me was at Ravenswood in Gordon, which wasn't terribly out of the way... The examiner that i had a was a really nice guy, they make you feel pretty comfortable before you start so you're not so nervous. As long as you speak in french you can ask them to repeat the question, sometimes they will re-phrase it completely so you can understand what they're trying to ask. Speaking exams aren't really that hard, you just gotta know your stuff and you'll be sweet!
French is a good subject and you'll enjoy studying it :)

miz-taralicious

HSC
I hated my speaking exam lol, but the guy was really nice and you culd understand him really well. Yeh make sure you know how to say repeat the qstn in french you will need that!

plexor

HSC
I haven't studied one bit for French.
But it's last and I have a whole week just to study for it.
Wooooo.
J'espere que l'examen sera très facile!

ZaraKu

HSC
it's my second last exam (and it goes for almost 3 hrs...) I hate the fact that it finishes at 4:40pm... my whole arvo gone!

Speaking exam was alright, although I had to drive to a school that was 3 hrs away from where I live to do it (BOS is really inconsiderate) although I accidentally said "I want to be 3 children" instead of "I want to have 3 children"... OOPSIES!...

Miss Sunshine

HSC
N/A
Ruki said:
This year the speaking exam for me was at Ravenswood in Gordon, which wasn't terribly out of the way... The examiner that i had a was a really nice guy, they make you feel pretty comfortable before you start so you're not so nervous. As long as you speak in french you can ask them to repeat the question, sometimes they will re-phrase it completely so you can understand what they're trying to ask. Speaking exams aren't really that hard, you just gotta know your stuff and you'll be sweet!
French is a good subject and you'll enjoy studying it :)
haha ok thank's for the insight! i will make sure i know how to say 'please repeat the question' :p i<3 French and i'm sure i'll be fine. I look forward to studying it and perfecting the language :D

crestor

HSC
ZaraKu said:
it's my second last exam (and it goes for almost 3 hrs...) I hate the fact that it finishes at 4:40pm... my whole arvo gone!

Speaking exam was alright, although I had to drive to a school that was 3 hrs away from where I live to do it (BOS is really inconsiderate) although I accidentally said "I want to be 3 children" instead of "I want to have 3 children"... OOPSIES!...
Did you do it down on the Central Coast...at gosford?

I went there and I couldnt bloody understand what the examiner was asking. Her accent was so frustrating and realy put me off so I then became nervous ahwell, I think I ended up doing alright except she would cut me off mid sentence when I was trying to elborate and go into higher order thinking, bitch!

As for studying French, I have it the same day as engineering and the day after physics so woo fun for me. I will just do some practice papers before and make sure I have some good expressions down.

ZaraKu

HSC
No, I live in Karuah (near Tea Gardens), and I had to go out to maitland to Hunter Valley Grammar for it

JamesTockuss

HSC
Je n'ai guére etudié :(

I figure that not a huge amount of improvement can be made in a week-and-a-bit. Just going over some French phrases, and might do some listening....eventually.

Mais, esperement il n'y sera aucune raison de me faire du souci!

purplecupcake

HSC
hahaha im the same as all of you guys ! coz after economics on tuesday i have a whole week which i will dedicate to french being my last exam and all. ...so far all ive done is some listening, and a few writings. who else here finds listening difficult? its hard to prac for i rekon !

*Baby-K*

HSC
I used to be good at listening but somehow that changed in year 12 :confused: Anyway does anyone have any trials they want to share because I am afraid my teacher has been getting us to do past papers throughout the year.
If you do can you please PM me?

crestor

HSC
purplecupcake said:
hahaha im the same as all of you guys ! coz after economics on tuesday i have a whole week which i will dedicate to french being my last exam and all. ...so far all ive done is some listening, and a few writings. who else here finds listening difficult? its hard to prac for i rekon !
i used to suck at listening really bad, so my teacher and french lady teacher that used to come in would only speak to me in French and for about a term I would just do listening excersises from past papers/trials etc. It has really helped, but in a week to study for French I dont think listening can really improve much, maybe focus on creative writing or just some phrases.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)