How baddly is your uai affected by 1 subject? (1 Viewer)

frenchy

I was wonderring if your getting good marks (as well as rankings) for all you subjects expect one subject, how much will this one subject effect you??
Cuz im really screwed in Maths (2U) i just can't manage to pass it, and have a bad ranking, but im up in the top 4 in the rest of my subjects. Will i still go okay? :confused:

Golani

depends on how much you'll end up getting in yur bad subject rank and hsc exam wise, depends on your achievements in your other subjects and depends on what you're aiming at.
Can you just drop it?

frenchy

im aiming for about 80,
So if i really bomb out in the hsc exam, it will probably effect me alot? i can't drop maths.. because i only have 11units
my extension hist unit, should help out a bit, with making only 1 maths unit counted, but yeh im still worried its going to bring me down.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
depends on how well you do in ur other subjects... and what ur aim is. top 4 ranks is really good if you r in a selective school...

i know as a fact that my english adv mark will single handedly destroy my uai... lucky extension covers half of it *shivers*

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
yes it does impact quite a BIT..

dun worry, IM SCREWED MYSELF

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Im was stupid and picked senior science......all of my other subjects are highly scaled but this will drag me down no matter how I go

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
it depends a LOT on the other subjects you are doing, for example, theoretically if you do Physics, maths should affect you a lot less than if you do Snr Science..if ya get what im saying

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
well, latin will obvious pull up your UAI considerably more than standard english.

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Cyph
Where's the common sense in people?
You don't know how close to posting that exact comment, but decided not to in case people thought it was "smartassy" (not that you are, of course, I just didn't want it to be misconstrued by saying "2U out of 10U makes 20% or 1/5th").

:)

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
Originally posted by Cyph
Yes, 1/5 of your UAI. Don't get smart, toods. :rolleyes:
nooooo that's not what i mean. getting an ok mark in 4u maths and getting an ok mark in say, arabic beginners will probably have different impacts to your results even though they're both worth 2 units.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
am i that pessimistic in saying that 1/5 is a bloody huge chunk of your marks contributing 2 your UAI? :rolleyes:

but then its only the HSC, meet me at centrelink nxt year...

hk31

HSC
this is the same situation with me...
doing fine my 4u maths, eng adv and 3u jap...
but stuffing up eco....prolly just average @ my school....
(1u of my eco will count towards my UAI!!!)
will it badly affect my uai?

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
It depends how badly, badly is. And if it's just one unit... not too much... unless your aiming for 98 or 99+... because most people have an off-subject.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Don't worry about Eco... Eco was one of my few subjects .... which didn't go too well ... and it all turned out alright. Remember... the exam can make or break you ... especially if you're aiming high.

hk31

HSC
see...dats the thing i like about this site...
no matter how bad someone is doing in their studies...they are always reassured here

god damn....study for eco?? oh well...i do have the 3rd week off during the HSC...

frenchy

looks like that will be my answer as well.. to study my ass of to hopefully get a decent mark in maths for my hsc...
ahh i found out what i got in maths trial and im really in trouble 16% its the worse ive ever done :(

punk

BADBRAINS [KyleValentine]
HSC
u think thats bad? due to family problems and other distractions, ive been cruising with 50 or 60% average for all my subjects in assesments. even if i get a really good mark for all my subjects in the HSC, im still gonna get a terrible UAI..........

i suddenly feel sick.:eek:

even if i do well in the HSC i cant get a god uai can i?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)