How badly will doing standard English affect my ATAR? :( (1 Viewer)

scarvesss

howdy doo
HSC
put it this way, my school dodgily put me up into advanced after the first assessment in hsc cos they were worried it would kill my atar. my physics teacher told me that doing advanced would easily give me an extra 5 points/percent/rank to my atar

killerg0d

HSC
I'm doing standard english, ancient history, physics, 3U maths and extension history, my atar estimate the school gave me was 97.3, give or take 3

I don't even do chem or 4 unit maths so don't worry, the only reason why getting a decent mark is because i'm rank one, around the top 3-5 for standard English in your school to perform well in your HSC.

2xL

HSC
I'm doing standard english, ancient history, physics, 3U maths and extension history, my atar estimate the school gave me was 97.3, give or take 3

I don't even do chem or 4 unit maths so don't worry, the only reason why getting a decent mark is because i'm rank one, around the top 3-5 for standard English in your school to perform well in your HSC.
Same School, estimated 99.6. Advanced English, Chem , Physics, 3U and PE. Not even top 15 for English Advanced. Go figure. Advanced english helps alot; trust.

But back to OP; it will affect it slightly, but not to such a great magnitude that you should give up. Can definitely achieve a high ATAR of ~99 if you work at it consistently. Best of luck.

menan kannan

HSC
Really badly.

If I got the same mark in advanced I would've gotten 95+.

If I got that same raw mark I would've gotten 96+.

But yeah, I got above 90 (okay, I guess) and I did standard.
But I also did Extension 1 & 2 Maths, Chemistry, and Biology.

^he posted that

sorry i made two threads
Im doing the same subject as you r. what was your exact atar? or like around about

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)