• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How big is it?? (1 Viewer)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
But in some ways I felt like you... there was a time when I thought sandstone and open grassy spaces would make for a better uni experience.
grassing it (laying on the open grassy areas) forms a large part of our days though...

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
lol... there are heaps of elevators, like about 8 isn't there? But there are also steps, people would just get lots of exercise!

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
In the beginning I tried to take the stairs as frequently as possible. But then I would just get tired and fall asleep in lectures, so instead I'd turn up earlier and take the elevators.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
lol yeah the elevators take soooooo long.... but the view from the top is worth it, it's so pretty!!!

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
You've been to the top? Why would a communications student be at the top of the tower? Oh wait, maybe that radio station thing.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Originally posted by Frigid
okay... UTS is (correct me if i'm wrong):
  • 3 campuses
  • 30-odd storeys at its highest point
  • spread over ten buildings in the broadway campus
  • a skip away from central/buses/interstate trains (yeah we want some interstate ppl)
  • has a fuckload worth of computers
  • wireless network
  • provides the internet to usyd/unsw
  • sexy architecture (various parts of it, that is)
  • friendly atmosphere
  • one-of-a-kind courses
  • strong industry links
  • gives the practical skills employers want
  • many international student facilities
  • and much, much more...

why don't you come to our open day and find yourself?

think. change. do. UTS

(fuck i sound like a dickhead marketer.)
*rumoured to be filled with attractive, asian girls. Anything could be in the UTS tower though...anything....

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Originally posted by Lexicographer
You've been to the top? Why would a communications student be at the top of the tower? Oh wait, maybe that radio station thing.
We had to attend a press council meeting, and it was held in the tower.... on level 26... not quite the top, but still a good view!

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
That's got to be the worst place for a press conference...all the old engineering lecture theatres. With actual chalk blackboards!

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
dude just reading through ur posts in this thread u r such a fucken gronk,

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
It wasn't a press conference, it was a press council meeting. I think the only reason they had it up there was because the room was the right size to accomodate us and it was at short notice so they couldn't shuffle people around. The rooms up there remind me of my high school lol..... 70's architecture all the way.

Jinglebell

HSC
I have my Social Inquiry tut on level 25...we had it on level 23 but the room was reminiscent of a high school science lab, and there was a big prayer meeting thing on at the same time that took up like the entire rest of the level, so we felt really out of place and intrusive. Hence we went up two floors to a corner room with a prettier view:D

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
Oh I wanna write something for vertigo one day. How do u get involved?

The story where they "infiltrated" Gumal cracked me up.... especially since housing installed security alarms on the fire exits immediately after the article was published so nobody could infiltrate it again lol.
ahaha. you should read nick's article in the newest vertigo (just out last week!). he has another go at gumal (and apologises to everyone there for getting the alarms installed). but if you want to contribute, send stuff to vertigo@uts.edu.au, or go and drop stuff off at their office on level 7.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
lol I loved it.... especially some of the things he said about the opening ceremony....

But the opening ceremony/formal dinner was hella fun!!!!!

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
I discovered something interesting today.... apparently, the correct pronunciation of the building "Bon Marche" is "Bone Marshay". lol I cracked up when my friend told me... and i'm sure people would laugh at me if i said it like that.... for obvious reasons :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)