how can u get toned? (1 Viewer)

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
im doin 40 kilo bench presses,
10 kilo curls and swimming and tennis, and still like a lardy fat cunt.

any ideas on body toning ppls?

danieljarvis

HSC
its alot in the diet becoming toned.(sory i cant tell u wat to eat) start running and jogging and riding a bike also, thats very good for you and will reduce fat. building muscle wont make you toned, cos you gotta get rid of the fat.

sarevok

HSC
Better idea to start losing weight first before beginning muscle-building exercises; any muscle you build will be built under your fat.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
I've heard swimming is quite good for toning...

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
walking everyday is good too, you just need to limit the amount of food you eat according to your exercise amount

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
Regular cardiovascular exercise.

Run, swim, spar, row, skip. etc. Stay away from foods with a lot of fat.
Go for a jog every morning (or so) before breakfast for two weeks. I guarantee you results!

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
rofl lol, mmm might try celeery, apart its a gud fat burner

HSC
N/A
Basically what you need is to build up muscle tone (good) but then you also need to lessen the density of the bodyfat (recently learnt that you don't "loose" fat, but lessen density of) so that the muscles can be SEEN. You *can* do this via weight training, however it's generally more effective to do this through cardio training (dancing, running, whatever). The higher intensity, the better - provided it can be sustained for 30 mins or more.

ioniser

HSC
to be specific toning is where like all the curves on your muscles just stick out,in order to achieve this you need about a 14 percent body fat percentage same for your abs

so just start slimming down all the fat by cardiovascular training(exercises that need heaps of hard work ex,long distance running,swimming,bicycling...........)

note when toning it is also how you do your sessions

big fat muscles=lift weights slowly,bench press slowly........etc

strong reflex muscles=do the above as quick as possible this also helps to lose body fat

toning the muscle=lift weights not too quick and not too slow so in between the above(medium rate)

HSC
N/A
^ easy on the weights you're using, too.

Many people I know don't even need weights to tone up (they build lean muscle mass), those who do generally use the lighter weights, as they don't want chunky muscles.

ioniser

HSC
chunky muscles are easy to get ,only takes two weeks to get buffed and a week to let it soften out and become normal

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
2 weeks? ur kiddingmate, maybe with powders/shakes/steroids , but not 2 weeks

placebo101

HSC
if you're doin weights to tone up, lift low weights with high reps - about 20. dont be doin max lifts or anything close to it because that will add size in muscle. whereas low weights/ high reps burn fat without adding as much muscle.

HSC
most people are right. you need to loose the weight first to tone. eg for legs, get a sand dune or hill, sprint up, jog down. that will both tone and loose weight for you ect!

hYperTrOphY

HSC
The higher intensity, the better - provided it can be sustained for 30 mins or more.
To burn fat cardio training should be performed at a low intensity (approx 60% VO2 max), for a longer duration. This will increase the likelihood that you are utilising fat for energy.

strong reflex muscles=do the above as quick as possible this also helps to lose body fat

toning the muscle=lift weights not too quick and not too slow so in between the above(medium rate)
Shut the fuck up and don't give people advice anymore. Thank you.

if you're doin weights to tone up, lift low weights with high reps - about 20. dont be doin max lifts or anything close to it because that will add size in muscle. whereas low weights/ high reps burn fat without adding as much muscle.
Toning up is about reducing bodyfat. To achieve this you need to do cardiovascular training. To recommend low weights and high reps to 'burn fat' is to suggest that spot reduction in this way is possible - which it is not.

FTHRW8

HSC
N/A
ioniser said:
to be specific toning is where like all the curves on your muscles just stick out,in order to achieve this you need about a 14 percent body fat percentage same for your abs

so just start slimming down all the fat by cardiovascular training(exercises that need heaps of hard work ex,long distance running,swimming,bicycling...........)

note when toning it is also how you do your sessions

Thats some of the absurdest shit ever.

Just in regards to the above, whatever do, keep your 'speed' nice and steady, making sure your form is intact at all times and you're getting the full range of motion.

As for losing weight, just do a fuckload of cardio ya fat bastards !

Bookie

Banned
HSC
hmmm, i ride my bike before breakfast and i guess it has done a little bit.

but one thing i read is that if you go too hard, it doesnt burn fat, but just improves your cardioness and heart rate. is this true, or is it likely that fat will be lost even at 180/190bpm?

HSC
N/A
^ That might also be due to the length of time you're exercising for.

Eg sprints - these take up a LOT of energy and you can't sprint for very long, unless you sprint, take a short break, sprint again, short break, sprint, etc etc etc. Even with this sort of pattern, people tend to slack off greatly after the first few tries.

Hence why it's a bit better to do something of a lower intensity, but something you can keep up for (mind you I dropped pdhpe after Yr 11 so I'm really no expert here!). It's also a bit safer as you don't risk your muscles cooling down too much in the breaks.

But of course, all exercise can help "burn fat", I guess - however some will be more effective than others :)

Spyrax

HSC
N/A
If you want a six-pack, The first thing you have to know is that everyone has a six-pack. You may say, bullshit because you can't see your one but really, its the fat thats preventing it from being seen. So how do you make it visible? You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure this out, but its simple, you have to lose the fat. Diet and fitness will solve this problem. I'm not quite sure on the diet, if someone could help me out, but I would eat fruit, drink milk, etc and avoid coke, krispy kreme, maccaz etc. By exercising, you will lose fat, for example, if you were to go running in circles, a good 30-35 minutes non stop will be good enough. Once you develop abs, you should start doing situps to make the abs stronger. Note: Just doing situps won't do jack shit, you might just see the top 2 abs from situps but the bottom ones will have to get worked out and dieted to be visible.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
i keep bloody thinking this thread reads: how can you get stoned?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)