How certain is it that you will be accepted? (1 Viewer)

Pommy babe

Perfect Member
HSC
I've applied to study Commerce at UQ which needs an OP rank of about 6 and I have an OP of 13. Thing is my parents really want me to go to UQ cos they are emigrating to Aus, but I'm not sure if i'd rather go to a U.K. uni. I can't tell them this cos they'll go schizo, cos when we applied for visa's i was the one who really wanted to go. Thing is if I get turned down, I'll be really happy, but I'm worried that with the above scores, i'll def. be accepted. I can't turn it down myself cos they won't fund my u.k. education :mad1:

Does anyone know if you are definitely guaranteed a place if you have much higher marks than required?

Thanks

Pommy Babe

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Pommy babe said:
Op 6 = 91
Op 13 = 98

Sorry it's off a sheet for A-level score conversions. Does 91 and 98 for scores make more sense? :confused:
Not really. When you say a score of 91 - do you mean overall because our system is fairly different here. Sorry i couldnt help.

stazi said:
there's about a 99% chance that if you score a result quite a lot higher than the cut-off, you will be rejected from Australian unis. This is because we live in a land down under
Really?

Last edited:

Pommy babe

Perfect Member
HSC
tanjin said:
Not really. When you say a score of 91 - do you mean overall because our system is fairly different here. Sorry i couldnt help.
quote]

Yeah I think so the prospectus only says "2007 Rank ... Commerce: 90"

T

Testpilot

I'm going to say you won't get it to UQ based on your performance in this thread.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
stazi said:
yarly. when i got a 98UAI i was rejected from B Arts at USYD because my marks were too high, as the cutoff was only 86 :(
I almost believed you, i can be so gullible :eek:

But don't you do a commerce degree?

Pommy babe

Perfect Member
HSC
brogan77 said:
In Australia, dogs walk humans and hamburgers eat people. :santa:
:rofl:

Thing is there were loads of extra options on the form for qualifications (cos i'm applying as domestic) and i only have a-levels, there was an option to take an extra test or something for extra consideration and i said no, will this cut my chances more? Or am I most likely going to get the offer if I have a much higher score than required : ( ?

Last edited:

lala2

Banned
HSC
Ah stop it guys (yes, I'm the tokenistic party pooper). The conversion sheet sounds wrong to me. OP1 is the highest, isn't it? So descending numbers means lower marks. Therefore, you can't get into a course with OP13 if the cutoff is OP8. Anyone wish to correct me on this one?

Pommy babe

Perfect Member
HSC
lala2 said:
Ah stop it guys (yes, I'm the tokenistic party pooper). The conversion sheet sounds wrong to me. OP1 is the highest, isn't it? So descending numbers means lower marks. Therefore, you can't get into a course with OP13 if the cutoff is OP8. Anyone wish to correct me on this one?
LMAO. Yeah well on this sheet it is the reverse, I'm pretty sure I'm OP2 and the OP is 6/7 still. Does this mean it's pretty certain i'll get it?

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)