How come no grid paper for Mathematics HSC exams? (2 Viewers)

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
looks poor, pays so much more to use a ruler. So much neater, professional and demonstrates the standard of a high achieving student (provided the features of the graph are correct). They don't say bring a ruler for nothing.

anne1010

HSC
lol for 2u, i make them so pretty, just cause theres enough time to.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Rule. Otherwise it looks like a fucked up graph.
I always urge my students to use the set squares (what are they??) for drawing nice neat figures - but none have taken the advice. There is a difference between using rulers and using set squares. No one uses them anymore.

Last edited:

anne1010

HSC
I always urge my students to use the set squares (what are they??) for drawing nice neat figures - but none have taken the advice. There is a difference between using rulers and set squares. No one uses them anymore.

ohh thats an awesome idea!

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
I always urge my students to use the set squares (what are they??) for drawing nice neat figures - but none have taken the advice. There is a difference between using rulers and using set squares. No one uses them anymore.
I find that a mini 15cm ruler is best for drawing any diagram or axis of a graph.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
I find that a mini 15cm ruler is best for drawing any diagram or axis of a graph.
With a pair of set squares you can draw perpendicular and parallel lines quickly. However nowadays the set squares you get are no good - the bevelled sides make the edges thin - making it hard to slide one set square against the other (for parallel lines). Also nowadays the set squares are of low quality - edges aren't even straight and chip easily.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
I get full marks for drawing graphs free hand, ok then.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I can free-hand draw straight lines and very neat axes. Testament to some time in Design + Tech in Year 9 and 10.

If you don't need a ruler, don't use one. I'd recommend using a ruler anyway just so it's neater overall. But for exercise book work... probably don't bother if you can do it free-hand.

And when making graphs on the HSC paper booklets, use one of the given lines as the x-axis... saves much time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)