How competitive are places in those not-so-popular unis? (1 Viewer)

Kalashnikov47

HSC
How competetive are places for law in unis like ANU/MacqU? I mean, I have read articles saying universities deliberately publish a higher UAI cut-off just to make their course look prestigeous and then accept people more than 5 points below than the standard cut-off.

So if you just happen to be the one studying law at one of those unis, do you know anyone who went there with UAI lower than the cut-off?

Thank you and Merry Christmas.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I know people who got into UWS Law at least 1-2 points bellow the cut-off...

It does happen, but don't count on a difference of 5 points, have a plan B like law at somewhere like UWS etc and transfer of starting in another degree..

There are always ways around it. So good luck.

What is ur UAI, it might help people give u an idea of where u can get into

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
Kalashnikov47 said:
How competetive are places for law in unis like ANU/MacqU? I mean, I have read articles saying universities deliberately publish a higher UAI cut-off just to make their course look prestigeous and then accept people more than 5 points below than the standard cut-off.

So if you just happen to be the one studying law at one of those unis, do you know anyone who went there with UAI lower than the cut-off?

Thank you and Merry Christmas.
In my year there was a girl who was 0.something below the cutoff for combined law, so she could only do straight law. *shrugs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)