How competitive is the B actuarial studies/B science at Macquarie University? (1 Viewer)

johnle95

HSC
N/A
Hey guys
I received an early offer for the Bachelor of Actuarial Studies with the degree of Bachelor of Science. I scored an atar of 79.2, while the cut off for the course is 96.1. However, Early offers are made on the basis of your HSC performance bands in relevant subjects rather than your ATAR. So that you are rewarded for achievement in subjects that relate to your chosen degree. So i was wondering my chances are of actually making the course, are they very slim. On the website it says, "Required: Advanced knowledge of mathematics (HSC Mathematics Extension 1 band E4, or international equivalent)". I got 88 in 2u and 41/50 for 3u so I'm kind of freaking out because I really want to get into that course. Let me know what you guys think below.

Thanks

v1

HSC
"Required: Advanced knowledge of mathematics (HSC Mathematics Extension 1 band E4, or international equivalent" is 100% true. I know people that got 88 HSC mark for 3u and above the atar requirement not being accepted into the course. soz m8 but your chances are actually very very slim.

Get into this course then what? The course is not a walk in the park like 3u/4u, do not underestimate it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)