How did everyone find the paper? (1 Viewer)

bluueie

HSC
I thought it was pretty decent but some multiple choice were kinda hard

CardiB

HSC
- Honestly that felt really difficult, the whole layout of the exam didn't really fit to other HSC papers, surprised that there was no 8 marker or 7 marker for the disasters option topic.
- Was hoping to ace the senior science HSC but, I feel like I'd be lucky to even get a 70..
How'd everyone else feel it was?

LadyWhoAksTooMuch

HSC
i cannot describe how many times i nearly cried in the middle of the exam. it was so hard.

the sad thing is, i went through the WHOLE 4 topics. it was a waste of my time. nothing i studied was in the exam. majority of people who do biology AND ss said that ss was MUCH harder.
not because i didnt study, but because nesa screwed my atar. believe me, i woke up at 4am JUST to study ss. i only had 4 hours of sleep on the day. and to find out that ive lost sleep to an exam i couldve done with 0 studying, hurts me more.

idk if there is anyone else like this, but i have absolutely no hope and right now, all i want to do is give up and cry. i can proudly say, this was the most unfair exams ive had. not because i dont think i did well, but because majority of the questions we had idk what they asked for, give us a break.

CardiB

HSC
Definitely agree, no hope at the moment, studied literally everything, went back to past papers as far as 2010, really shocked by the difficulty of the exam, however hopefully NESA does take all this into account.
Also did anyone understand that morse code question, and the optic fibre question right at the end of section II

eddydundee

HSC
WHAT WAS THAT FKIN EXAM@!!!!!! Jesus Christ, as a student that has an 85% average in SS, this was just cruel, the layout was terrible, the questions were very subjective and misleading (WTF was that optical fibre morse code thing - I have never learnt that?? It does not mention that in the textbook, study guides or online - only thing I could find was the lighthouse signal lights)
I reckon NESA purposely made this exam very difficult due to the fact that this is the last cohort of senior science, same goes to english where the questions were made much harder as they are changing the syllabus for next years year 12 - In which the exam also had a strange layout.
Overall personally, I felt as though that paper was poorly written and way too objective compared to trials, i'm just hoping to achieve 70+, this is ridiculous and utterly alien.

eddydundee

HSC
I'm with you 100% bro, wtf was the question?? what were they trying to get us to explain, they worded that question like it was a competition to use the most synonyms in a question. Also the fk was the mine question??

RyanT7

HSC
i cannot describe how many times i nearly cried in the middle of the exam. it was so hard.

the sad thing is, i went through the WHOLE 4 topics. it was a waste of my time. nothing i studied was in the exam. majority of people who do biology AND ss said that ss was MUCH harder.
not because i didnt study, but because nesa screwed my atar. believe me, i woke up at 4am JUST to study ss. i only had 4 hours of sleep on the day. and to find out that ive lost sleep to an exam i couldve done with 0 studying, hurts me more.

idk if there is anyone else like this, but i have absolutely no hope and right now, all i want to do is give up and cry. i can proudly say, this was the most unfair exams ive had. not because i dont think i did well, but because majority of the questions we had idk what they asked for, give us a break.

You still have a few more exams left, what's done is done.

It might be hard to hold it in for the time being, but I have been in that situation where you feel like giving up.

You just need to tell yourself to stop being a little bitch and grind through it because it will only make your exams afterwards worse.

Also HSC isn't as significant as you think, keep your head and keep trying. This applies to everyone

haleyx

HSC

It was the ugliest exam ever lol, but I wouldn't worry too much because as long as you wrote something relevant for the optic fibre and morse code question you'll get a mark, even if you just mentioned total internal reflection or light rays etc. I actually walked out of that exam feeling okay until I found out I did that question wrong, and got at least 5 multiple choice questions wrong :( but honestly just take a few hours off from studying and recharge (emotionally and physically lol) so you can feel better for your next exam. after bio I couldn't physically get myself to study for senior science because I was so drained and upset. I know exactly how you feel that there's no point in studying anymore because for bio I knew the syllabus back to front, had a full set of notes and FLASHCARDS and did every paper 2009-2016 and then barely finished the exam yikes.

LadyWhoAksTooMuch

HSC
all i drew was the glass/silia and the triangles aka information hitting it. and i pointed an arrow saying 'total internal reflection' lol. that question was messy.

did you draw a bar graph for the question with the treadmill one?

eddydundee

HSC
all i drew was the glass/silia and the triangles aka information hitting it. and i pointed an arrow saying 'total internal reflection' lol. that question was messy.

did you draw a bar graph for the question with the treadmill one?
tfff, I didn't even know what to draw, I just drew a laser going through an optical fibre and compared it to the model of the light bulb. An yeah I drew a double bar graph

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)