how did everyone go in their 1st or 2nd hsc economics assessments (1 Viewer)

HayleeKate

HSC
HayleeKate said:
I did my mid course today, 25 multi-choice, easy enough, 40 marks of short answer, relatively easy, didnt have any problems, and case-study essay, which i was stressing about because I know nothing about Japan, I went to my teacher for help yesterday, and she was really nice, gave me her home phone number to call her last night for extra help and stuff, she told me the question wouldn't be on government policies, but something else like standard of living, I get into the exam, essay question, "impact of globalisation on a country other than australia and the affect on government policies" half way through the exam, my teacher walks over, points to the question, "OOPS, My bad! I really didnt think that was the question I set!" giggle giggle. THANKS. Having said that, I wrote shitloads, took a full hour of solida writing and think I did ok anyway.
YEW! despite the shit-up of my essay preparation, got the results today, and topped my class in that section! [17/20]
Also topped short answer, I got 38/40, everything was past HSC questions, I thought it was fairly easy, but the rest of my class choked.. only 2 other people got over 30 [30/40 & 34/40] alot were below 20/40, I really didnt find it that hard, nor do I think I studied huge amounts, probably should have given it more time.. I dont know what their problem was.
Multiple choice I got 21/25, most people got around 19/25, but 2 got 23/25
In total I got 90% the 2nd ranker was on 80%, with class average 67%

HSC
The marks in our class are soooo varied...we have about 12, half of which are elicos students - students from south korea, china, japan and thailand - who are doing their education in australia....at our school. Some of the marks are really really low..and i'm worried if that would drag us down.... :confused:
NeverReallyWas, i don't get tutoring, but i consider i have a really cool teacher who will explain everything a thousand times and gives us heaps of support. I always thought class tutoring (with classmates) would help, but alas we are too lazy to organise...*sigh*

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
82% - Rank 2
Results were varied, rank 1 was one mark ahead of me.

jonnathann

Came 2nd in class with 85%, prolly 5th out of about 70 students. Top was about 93% >.< Blah i don't care, the students are too smart..I'll settle for top 5 overall for all assessments, currently 3rd or 4th

monique66

got my third back today 14/15 equal second with at least 3 other people (out of like 11)...hehe...

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
FD3S-R said:
fk off sunjet fluked it, one mark behind him

our class marks aint varied
its ok chuk i beat you in every assessment since prelim

*Ya_So_CuTe*

HSC
pretty sweet!

our first asses was our globalisation case study on china which i got 85% for and wew just got our second one back which was an essay on the C.A.D. got 95% and was stoked so i guess im going pretty sweet!!! half-yearly is on thursday tho..assessment no. 3...mmm, dunno how i'll go!

Alimoe_KG

HSC
i'm very happy
1st assessment - 100%
2nd assessment - 97.5%

:D:D:D
hopefully these are sustainable marks and they don't experience rapid fluctuations ...into recession :p

Alimoe_KG

HSC
sunjet said:
whatever goes up enventually comes down :p
Whatever comes down...must go up! =)

that's the beauty of economics...

Will Hunting

HSC
Stop it! You're confusing me!

Advice to future HSC students: Do NOT do both Physics and Economics! There's too much conflict involved! Waaaah....

funnyperson1000

Kelly Clarkson is Hot! ^^
HSC
1st Task - 93% (10marks)
Half Yearly - 94.375% (20marks)

Pretty hectically good for me, still early days though :cool:

azza_3761

HSC
Will Hunting said:
Stop it! You're confusing me!

Advice to future HSC students: Do NOT do both Physics and Economics! There's too much conflict involved! Waaaah....
How does Physics and Economics conflict. They're two totally unrelated topics

Will Hunting

HSC
It's called a joke, chuckles! Cheer up!

If you had read the post prior to mine, you'd have noticed that Airness wrote "Whatever comes down, must go up!". This, of course, is in direct opposition to the principle of gravity.

Last edited by a moderator:

HayleeKate

HSC
Will.... dont tease others because they're not as intelligent as you! You're undermining the very point of this site: Support azza for his lack of depth and understanding! Perhaps even thank him for it: You wouldnt be 'above average' if there were no mediocre, average students for you to favourably compare yourself to!

azza.... I do not do physics, nor have I any idea of its basic concepts, nor any idea of its correlation to economics [although I dont for a second doubt there is one] and even I got the joke.... "pull yo' socks up lad!"

Correlation between Physics and Economics [somewhat metaphorical]: Generally in physics things naturally go down [principle of gravity]; Generally in Economics, things naturally go up [prices due to inflation, workforce & population due to natural increase, global trade due to international entities eg WTO, etc etc]. This is simply an example, I'll be the first to admitt it requires very little intimacy with the finer details of the subjects.. this is largely due to my allergy to all things science.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)